Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCSN faux pas?

I know this is pretty trivial, but the "Media Showcase" currently on the WCSN home page is really bugging me...

Compare the little image above with this.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread started either here or on another forum saying that Heshko and Wariner looked extremely similar and virtually indistinguishable at that meet, and people scoffed at the thread starter.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
      I'm pretty sure there was a thread started either here or on another forum saying that Heshko and Wariner looked extremely similar and virtually indistinguishable at that meet, and people scoffed at the thread starter.
      i remember the thread.
      http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... p?p=288047

Is it possible WCSN is yanking our chain?

Comment

I think Bruce is yanking our chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
          I think Bruce is yanking our chain.
          Not according to the WSCN web site i am looking at right now

http://www.wcsn.com/sport/index.jsp?id=34003

unless Bruce works for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
            Hah! I wish!

Comment

Originally posted by BruceFlorman
              Originally posted by Daisy
              Hah! I wish!
              I think Walt finally caught on, see below for latest rendition of the WCSN site. I hope no one got fired.

Compare to the screen shot Bruce made a couple of days ago.

Comment

[quote Compare to the screen shot Bruce made a couple of days ago.
                [/quote]

Bruce didn't create that--someone at WCSN used a shot from a photo company (that shall remain nameless) that had Wariner's name under Heshko's picture. Thanks to this thread, I brought it to WCSN's attention and they made the change (as did the photo company).

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                  Bruce didn't create that--someone at WCSN used a shot from a photo company (that shall remain nameless) that had Wariner's name under Heshko's picture. Thanks to this thread, I brought it to WCSN's attention and they made the change (as did the photo company).
                  They meant Bruce created the screen shot, not that he made the actual image.

I look at photos from meets on sites like Getty Images, and they mess up names fairly often. In the WCSN case, at least the two athletes look very similar.

I'm not sure how you could mix up Toby Stevenson and Paul Burgess, but the AFP did and Yahoo News ran with it: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... b7715d56e5

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                    Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                    They meant Bruce created the screen shot, not that he made the actual image.
                    /quote]

Gotcha--and as long as they've been "outed", it was Getty Images that had the Heshko caption--certainly an easy mistake to make for a non-track person

Comment

Working...
                    X