X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooter Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    A quarter century ago, when I was a serious runner, I worked out every day in 100+ temps with no detrimental effects and felt great. It really makes you sweat.
    Wonder wha hoppen?
    "We're a generation of men raised by women."

/Sorry

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    We have been enjoying 106-109 temps here in the Indian Territory this week and, I confess, I stay inside in A/C comfort, venturing out in the balmy 94 degree dusk for a quick bike tour of the "hood"

A quarter century ago, when I was a serious runner, I worked out every day in 100+ temps with no detrimental effects and felt great. It really makes you sweat.
    Wonder wha hoppen?

Leave a comment:

• piaba
    replied
    vanuatu, poland, you silly...

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell
    Well, it looks like our national championships will for once take place in perfect conditions - at least for sprints and field events. 30 degrees and no rain is the forecast for each of the 3 days of competition.
    Vanuatu has a three day T&F championship?? Total population is around 200,000. How many T&F athletes in that group??

Leave a comment:

• piaba
    replied
    do i detect a hint of sarcasm there, conor?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by piaba
    they walk for 4 days? why??????????????? don't they have a life????
    Agreed. They could be spending all that time posting here.

Leave a comment:

• piaba
    replied
    they walk for 4 days? why??????????????? don't they have a life????

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    Re: walk over

Originally posted by observer2
    In Netherlands it must be the annual 4-day walking event. About 30 miles each day and 40.000 participants.
    Wow. With those numbers, I'm not at all surprised that some people had serious (or fatal) trouble...

Leave a comment:

• observer2
    replied
    walk over

In Netherlands it must be the annual 4-day walking event. About 30 miles each day and 40.000 participants.

Leave a comment:

• observer2
    replied
    walk over

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Well, it looks like our national championships will for once take place in perfect conditions - at least for sprints and field events. 30 degrees and no rain is the forecast for each of the 3 days of competition.
    Most of the time whenever a significant T&F event is taking place in Poland you can safely bet it will be cold and rainy ;-)

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Tragic but it has been that warm here for days and the humidity is worse. Just means that I run a bit earlier in the morning. And that is only because my running partners are insisting. I couldn't care less.

Leave a comment:

• BruceFlorman
    started a topic European Heatwave

European Heatwave

I'm not really sure if this is a T&F topic or not. I guess the mods will move or nuke it as necessary.

From an article here on the BBC news website:
    Europe's heatwave claims victims
    In the Netherlands, an annual walking event in the city of Nijmegen had to be called off at the half-way stage after two walkers died of heatstroke.
    Does anybody know if this was an actual race walking event, or something non-competitive?
Working...
X