Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kallur fast without hurdles too!

Today in Karlstad, Sweden, Sanna ran a 100m race against her sister and Carro Kluft.

Into a 1,8 headwind she made 11,44!!Only 2/100 over her pb. And i read she had trained very hard during this week with EC in sight!
    Kluft had 11,74.

Other results so far both Jesse Williams and Holm easily over 228...more to come...

Perdita Felicien won the hurdles at 13,17 with Jenny aboty 1/10 behind (no sanna)

I thought Perdita was taking the rest of the season off. Interesting...wonder if she will be at our nationals in two weeks.....

Comment

And now Holm over 230! And now 232 in his last effort! Great jumping on home soil!

Olsson 17,09 so far after trhee rounds.

Carro has one attempt left at 190 in the HJ. Bit stressy with 100m too.

Comment

Re: Kallur fast without hurdles too!

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
        Today in Karlstad, Sweden, Sanna ran a 100m race against her sister and Carro Kluft.Into a 1,8 headwind she made 11,44!!
        Oh, so apparently that whole 'to run the hurdles fast, you have to be slow' thing doesn't work with women, huh?

Comment

Carro wasn't too bad considering the conditions. 11.74 and she finished ahead of Jenny Kallur.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Just came home from the meet. impressive race by sanna kallur!! i bet she'll go low 12.4 in teh hurdles in Gothenburg.

Stefan Holm's jump when he cleared 2.32 was the best i've seen from him for a long time. the last one on 2.34 was really close. he's getting his stuff together.

I was also really impressed by Jesse Williams. over 2.28 it looked like he could beat Holm on his home-soil. 2.30 wasn't as good as 2.28 but he came really close clearing it in all three attempts. I think he can go high in DN-galan on tuesday.
            / Spread your wings and fly high /

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
              I thought Perdita was taking the rest of the season off. Interesting...wonder if she will be at our nationals in two weeks.....
              Canadian writer told me yesterday that she was looking forward to big match race w/ Priscilla Lopes

Comment

Re: Kallur fast without hurdles too!

Originally posted by tafnut
                Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                Today in Karlstad, Sweden, Sanna ran a 100m race against her sister and Carro Kluft.Into a 1,8 headwind she made 11,44!!
                Oh, so apparently that whole 'to run the hurdles fast, you have to be slow' thing doesn't work with women, huh?
                When the women's hurdle heights are low enough for the athletes to essentially "run over them," then your hurdle technique becomes less important and your speed more. The current height for women's hurdles in both the 100's and 400's is absolutely pathetic. But, ya know what? It won't ever get changed, b/c no one wants to watch the Olympic women's 100H final won in 14 seconds, b/c that's what would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Canadian writer told me yesterday that she was looking forward to big match race w/ Priscilla Lopes
                  Great to hear.

I predict Perdita suffers her first loss to a fellow Canuck.

I agree with you Legalize it (though I think 14s is a tad conservative-especially if the height only went up 3"))

Comment

Interesting to note, Eunice Barber ran an 11.52 100m in the French national championships today, with a 1.0 following wind. I'm not sure how that compares with Klufts 11.74 into a -1.8 wind but i would imagine it is very similar. Barber seems to be in very good form this year.

Comment

I predict Perdita suffers her first loss to a fellow Canuck.

I agree with you Legalize it (though I think 14s is a tad conservative-especially if the height only went up 3"))
                      I agree, mojo, high 13's should be possible. Or they could make a complete break and go to 110 with 36' hurdles but with a different spacing than the men.

Is Achraf Tadili based in Victoria now?

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                        Is Achraf Tadili based in Victoria now?
                        Yes he is.

Comment

Sanna Kallur and Stefan Holm highlights from Karlstad: Video

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
                            . Barber seems to be in very good form this year.
                            Yes..and no. She's run 12.80 over the hurdles and now this great 11.52...but she's not competed in a heptathlon, which suggests she must have a niggle somewhere. But, could be interesting in Gothenberg
                            "If Gaby worked as hard with the weights as she did with her tongue she'd have a different concept of beauty. To get performances like mine, she'd have to sacrifice some of her good looks. The women of the west dont work as hard as we do" JK

Comment

Working...
                            X