Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Gay

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tyson Gay

    Has anyone seen what Tyson Gay did today? Tyson has been impressive all season. His top end speed has been phenomenal. On the other hand his start has been horrible. Apparently he put it all together today in Greece and ran 9.88! The wind reading was at its maximum, +2.0, nevertheless it was still a great time. One of two things could have happened had Asafa run. Either Asafa would have broken the WR because of the maximum support of the wind or Tyson may have upset him if he were able to maintain the focus he obviously had today.

    In the Women's 100, Torri Edwards ran 10.86. She was supported by an over the allowable wind at +2.3. Still a great time. It's unfortunate that this is not a championship year. I only hope that everyone who is performing at such a high level will do so over the next two seasons. And then there will be the addition of the youngsters coming up as well. Gaby Mayo, Shalonda Solomon, Xavier Carter, Walter Dix and the likes. They will only get faster with age and experience.

  • #2
    His race in Rethymno was what i call a complete race, he got a good start for his standard, start to acceleration to maximum speed was done without broken transition and in a smooth and relaxed style. Leonard Scott believe in a false start, he was maybe the one who done it actually, he was already guessing the start in Rome GL few days ago.
    Tyson Gay was lucky to have a legal wind as the conditions were perfect and wind usually too strong for ratification. However, i won't enter in the controversy about too much wind, since few days ago in wrote on this site that "Tyson will run low 9.90 this year, or even faster if wind is with him".
    Knowing that he is as fast as Asafa in the last half of the race, and whith that good start in Rethymno, i think Asafa would have been in trouble in that race.
    Darrel Brown did 10.18 in Rome, 10.13 today, Dwight Thomas 10.21 in Rome, 10.17 today, Kelly Willie 10.28 in Rome, 10.20 today. rome had almost still wind, Rethymno results show that there was no hurricane to push Gay to suspicious time, and he could have don easely sub10 in Rome without the problems caused by the starter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tyson Gay

      Originally posted by halimwash
      In the Women's 100, Torri Edwards ran 10.86. She was supported by an over the allowable wind at +2.3.
      Meet web site says 2.2.

      Comment


      • #4
        There were also other good performances:

        Alenka 71.08m
        Michelle Perry 12.49 (+1.8)
        Jenn Stucz 4.65m (is that an =pr?)

        http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5/program.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by marknhj
          Jenn Stucz 4.65m (is that an =pr?)
          It's an outdoor PR. She had a 4.68 indoors this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            See a much longer discussion of this at

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tyson Gay

              Originally posted by tandfman
              Originally posted by halimwash
              In the Women's 100, Torri Edwards ran 10.86. She was supported by an over the allowable wind at +2.3.
              Meet web site says 2.2.
              it still says +2.0 :

              http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5 ... @progID=32

              what is the true story ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
                However, i won't enter in the controversy about too much wind, since few days ago in wrote on this site that "Tyson will run low 9.90 this year, or even faster if wind is with him".
                3.43 finish is ~ 9.86 with comparable 60...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tyson Gay

                  Originally posted by eldrick
                  Originally posted by tandfman
                  Originally posted by halimwash
                  In the Women's 100, Torri Edwards ran 10.86. She was supported by an over the allowable wind at +2.3.
                  Meet web site says 2.2.
                  it still says +2.0 :
                  http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5 ... @progID=32
                  what is the true story ?
                  The true story is that some of us are able to distinguish men from women. :-)

                  It's ok, eldrick. It's awfully late on your side of the pond. I understand.

                  Good night.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tyson Gay

                    Originally posted by tandfman
                    Originally posted by eldrick
                    Originally posted by tandfman
                    Originally posted by halimwash
                    In the Women's 100, Torri Edwards ran 10.86. She was supported by an over the allowable wind at +2.3.
                    Meet web site says 2.2.
                    it still says +2.0 :
                    http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5 ... @progID=32
                    what is the true story ?
                    The true story is that some of us are able to distinguish men from women. :-)

                    It's ok, eldrick. It's awfully late on your side of the pond. I understand.

                    Good night.
                    you've sent me to bed, but it only says galz had 2.2 :

                    http://www.eartf.gr/vardinoyiannia/en/5 ... @progID=41

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Eldy - I'll be up at around 4-5pm your time on Saturday - I expect you to be at least halfway through one crate...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
                        His race in Rethymno was what i call a complete race, he got a good start for his standard, start to acceleration to maximum speed was done without broken transition and in a smooth and relaxed style. Leonard Scott believe in a false start, he was maybe the one who done it actually, he was already guessing the start in Rome GL few days ago.
                        Tyson Gay was lucky to have a legal wind as the conditions were perfect and wind usually too strong for ratification. However, i won't enter in the controversy about too much wind, since few days ago in wrote on this site that "Tyson will run low 9.90 this year, or even faster if wind is with him".
                        Knowing that he is as fast as Asafa in the last half of the race, and whith that good start in Rethymno, i think Asafa would have been in trouble in that race.
                        Darrel Brown did 10.18 in Rome, 10.13 today, Dwight Thomas 10.21 in Rome, 10.17 today, Kelly Willie 10.28 in Rome, 10.20 today. rome had almost still wind, Rethymno results show that there was no hurricane to push Gay to suspicious time, and he could have don easely sub10 in Rome without the problems caused by the starter.
                        Trouble????

                        The run was a 9.97s basic...very commendable, but hardly likely to trouble the likes of Asafa and Gatlin who are running mid 9.8s Basic runs.

                        Asafa ran 9.85s races for the last 2 weeks with near 0 wind.

                        Dont get ahead of yourself people.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We all know that Asafa runs bad when pushed by other sprinters, Oslo, where he himself admitted that he did mistakes, was the latest example.
                          I don't think Tyson is worth 9.97 basic in that race, more 9.93-9.95, compare with what Thomas Brown and Willie did in Rome (with 0 wind and i can confirm there was no wind at all during that race) and Rethymno, the mean difference is 0.056. The anemometer recorded +2.0m/s but the advantage on the track was not that much. Also remember that Tyson did 10.04 in Rome with 0.212sec Reaction Time, and breaking acceleration during the first steps.

                          Concerning the Crete airport drama, well, such things happen at every meet, for less well-known athletes, and more generally for Black athletes who are checked in control desks longer than White people (btw i'm White), have to open bags, show paper, wait for 1 or 2 hours, etc... i've seen it almost everywhere.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Infama
                            Trouble????

                            The run was a 9.97s basic...very commendable, but hardly likely to trouble the likes of Asafa and Gatlin who are running mid 9.8s Basic runs.

                            Asafa ran 9.85s races for the last 2 weeks with near 0 wind.

                            Dont get ahead of yourself people.
                            the thing is tyson's potential over 100 - he only just appears to have taken his seriously at pro level ( only been out of college 1y )

                            he is muscular, but slender with it - if he piled on maybe another 10 pounds of muscle, there is a good chance he coud get that basic <9.90 ( although his fantastic 200 ability may suffer as a consequence )

                            it's upto him which event he wans to concentrate on

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              he is muscular, but slender with it - if he piled on maybe another 10 pounds of muscle, there is a good chance he coud get that basic <9.90 ( although his fantastic 200 ability may suffer as a consequence )

                              it's upto him which event he wans to concentrate on[/quote]

                              As the situation looks today I'd say go for the 200m!

                              He might, at best, snatch a bronze in the big champs at 100m but the 200m on the other hand he can be a winner.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X