Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
    We all know that Asafa runs bad when pushed by other sprinters, Oslo, where he himself admitted that he did mistakes, was the latest example.
    I don't think Tyson is worth 9.97 basic in that race, more 9.93-9.95, compare with what Thomas Brown and Willie did in Rome (with 0 wind and i can confirm there was no wind at all during that race) and Rethymno, the mean difference is 0.056. The anemometer recorded +2.0m/s but the advantage on the track was not that much. Also remember that Tyson did 10.04 in Rome with 0.212sec Reaction Time, and breaking acceleration during the first steps.

Concerning the Crete airport drama, well, such things happen at every meet, for less well-known athletes, and more generally for Black athletes who are checked in control desks longer than White people (btw i'm White), have to open bags, show paper, wait for 1 or 2 hours, etc... i've seen it almost everywhere.
    Paris had 0 wind. Rome had 0.5ms wind.

Thomas and Brown were affected by the Scott block slippage and hesitated. Tyson did not.

In any case, we use the JRM calculator as the standard and we get 9.97s basic at 35m altitude.

Who except Gatln can really push Asafa now?

All spinters make mistakes from time to time..

Comment

Originally posted by Infama

Thomas and Brown were affected by the Scott block slippage and hesitated. Tyson did not.

In any case, we use the JRM calculator as the standard and we get 9.97s basic at 35m altitude.

Also remember that Tyson did 10.04 in Rome with 0.212sec Reaction Time, and breaking acceleration during the first steps
      take 1/10 off that for an excellent rt & you get 9.94

pj says his acceleration was interrupted, you don't

regardless of who we believe, with an excellent rt he was worth a < 9.95 basic in rome ( that's indisputable ) & significantly quicker if his acceleration was interruped

Comment

What are you talking about, Thomas and Brown were in the B race whereas Scott (and Powell and Gay) were in A race in Rome. Rome B race had 0.0 wind, Paris 0.1m/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean

What are you talking about, Thomas and Brown were in the B race whereas Scott (and Powell and Gay) were in A race in Rome. Rome B race had 0.0 wind, Paris 0.1m/s.
          I was talking about the 9.88s race in Crete.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

I agree, I am on record at another site projecting him as a 9.95s basic runner. I disputed the fact that he is already a 9.90s basic runner and I am shown to be correct.

Also remember that Tyson did 10.04 in Rome with 0.212sec Reaction Time, and breaking acceleration during the first steps

regardless of who we believe, with an excellent rt he was worth a < 9.95 basic in rome ( that's indisputable ) & significantly quicker if his acceleration was interruped

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

I essentially agree.

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                he is muscular, but slender with it - if he piled on maybe another 10 pounds of muscle, there is a good chance he coud get that basic <9.90 ( although his fantastic 200 ability may suffer as a consequence )

it's upto him which event he wans to concentrate on
                As the situation looks today I'd say go for the 200m!

He might, at best, snatch a bronze in the big champs at 100m but the 200m on the other hand he can be a winner.[/quote] Not sure he can pack on anymore size as he looks to be a hard gainer, similar to Wariner.....

Comment

Working...
                X