Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorful Athletes

This current athlete turns 32 years old today (Sunday) and is an Olympic champion. In fact, he owns two Olympic gold medals and some world championship gold medals. His last name is a color (Do you remember Ed Red, the javelin thrower?) Some say he will make the Olympic team to China in two years, but injuries have slowed his pace. Name this American with a birthday today.

Steve Miller says that some call him the space cowboy, some call him the gangster of love.......of course but "I speak of the Pompitous of love."....

and inspite of his name Im sure he is not envious of the younger dashmen.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Maurice !

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        Maurice !
        That's what they call me. Some call me a Space Cowboy.

But really, I'm the Pompatous of Love.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
          Originally posted by dukehjsteve
          Maurice !
          That's what they call me. Some call me a Space Cowboy.

But really, I'm the Pompatous of Love.
          I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree....

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
            I really love your peaches, want to shake your tree....
            Y'know what mojo? You're the cutest thing that I ever did see.
            Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time. Come on baby and I'll show you a good time. Cuz I'm a picker. I'm a grinner. I'm a lover and I'm a sinner. But I ain't no smoker. I'm not a midnight toker and I sure don't want to hurt no one.

P.S. Inanity Factor: 1000

Comment

yes it is getting sappy ... but the least you could do was to give me citiation since it was my dynamic creativity and rocknroll awareness that identified the Steve Miller song as the quintessential hint.
              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                yes it is getting sappy ... but the least you could do was to give paulthefan a citiation since it was my dynamic creativity and rocknroll boldness that identified the Steve Miller song as the quintessential hint.
                They say I'm doin' you wrong Well don't you worry, don't worry, no don't worry mama Cause I'm right here at home

Comment

Thanks mojo.. I feel better now ...

I guess we can now wish Maurice a warm and peaceful and happy birthday.. when i think of Maurice I think of determination, courage and character.. As I look at his HS PRs I dont see anything that would have set him definitively out as a decade long dominant force at the highest levels of the 100.. basically a 10.5 21flat dash man... But with focus and determination he gave this sport countless races at 100percent. Even in his late 20s and at 30 you just knew that if MG was in the race he was going to be hard to beat.. Every OG 100m gold medalist is extraordinary and rare.. but when you consider that this OG gold medalist came back 4 years later, faced one of the greatest lineups in history and came out with a medal a few hundredths from gold you know that he was mentally as tough a competitor as we have ever seen in this event... that is greatness, when you are just a bit older and not physically all that you were but you somehow someway dig down deep and execute the rounds patiently, preserving what you have for the final, when all the chips are about to be counted and you come through with a medal... He will always be recognized as one of the greats of one of the most competitive events in this sport.... there are only a few in that small circle and Mo is one.

we are forever grateful as he charts a course after athletics and hope that he can coach some day and pass onto the next generation his great example, winning ways and solid character.

Comment

his blazing shoes scene was awesome - we need more showmen like him. (B Wms, not so much)

Comment

Well said Paul.
                      I admit it took awhile for Mo to grow on me but once he did I became a big fan.

If you really heard me sing that you would not feel better! :-)

Comment

well its the great thing about that song, that a good voice does it no better...

Mo was a good one.. and to think he gave up the big life as a Vegas realestate developer for the simple life of a sprinter.... oh wait that was another mo greene.

Comment

A big happy birthday today to Maurice Greene. Nice job to everyone.

Comment

So interesting how time changes things...

Not long ago he was vilified for his posturing (Sydney 2000), arrogance (GOAT assertions) and media stunts (flaming shoes, et al). Now, near the end of his career, he's seen as a man of great character.

Not taking sides either way. It's just fascinating to note this.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
                              So interesting how time changes things...

Not long ago he was vilified for his posturing (Sydney 2000), arrogance (GOAT assertions) and media stunts (flaming shoes, et al). Now, near the end of his career, he's seen as a man of great character.

Not taking sides either way. It's just fascinating to note this.
                              Vilified? Really? Not by many here. It was always about the show for Mo, and he did a great job winning AND being the showman.

Comment

Working...
                              X