Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit to being one who was not impressed by some of his antics- especially his behaviour (and his teamates) in Sydney.

Time passes though and looking at his whole career he was an impressive athlete.

It took me years to warm up to Carl as well and now I so appreciate all he accomplished. Not that didn't before but now with a much deeper sincerity and no eye rolling. :-)

Comment

well everyone makes mistakes.. we as fans have to recognize when a man grows out of a childish buffon and into an honorable man....... a good portion of the blame for Sydney has to rest squarely on the shoulders of the coaches.. who did not properly brief the athletes about what was expected...
      Nevertheless some will never make the quantum leap to adulthood and are forgotten in the dustbin of history.. Mo made it .. just recall if you can the interview he gave after his Athens bronze and silver... he represented his country well.. I was proud to be associated with him.
      ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
        Vilified? Really? Not by many here. It was always about the show for Mo, and he did a great job winning AND being the showman.
        Time affects memory as well. Although you had good things to say, not everyone agreed:

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... php?t=6157

No need to cite every thread...the broader point is that this phenomenon occurs all the time, from rock stars to heads of state. We appreciate things more when they're gone.

Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember. ~Seneca

Comment

Working...
        X