Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Year Site For NCAA Cross

This in keeping with talk that the NCAA wants "permanent" site for the outdoor nationals as well. Indiana State (which did a bang-up job last year) will host NCAA race 2004-06.

http://www.indianastatesman.com/vnews/d ... _archive=1

Re: 3-Year Site For NCAA Cross

Oh man three more years back in the boondocks?! Why can't we have the meet in a real city, like the big apple. Cross in Central Park, wow!

Comment

I know, when is Vanny gonna get NCAA Cross again? I guess some school has to step up and host the sucker.

For that matter, someone in California has to bite the bullet. The Golden State has never hosted the meet!

Comment

I was in Terra Haute last year and that has to be the ugliest campus I've ever seen.

Okay, the meet was outside of town, but Terre Haute is one of the worst college towns I've ever been to.

Okay, Cookeville, Tennessee is worse, but that's not a big school. ISU is.

Comment

The article makes it seem like Terre Haute did such a better job of putting on the meet than other recent hosts like Furman, Iowa State, Indiana, Kansas, etc.

I was at all of those and didn't think it was any better than the others. But I'm just a fan, and I guess NCAA suits think differently.

Sure, Terre Haute is centrally located, but not especially a nice town.

And the women's 6K course is terrible for spectators. They don't do any of the internal loops that the men do, just two big 3K loops. You Even if you ran your ass off, you could only see them 4 times.

Comment

I don't think Vanny is wide enough to meet the NCAA's requirements. Truth be told, it's not that great a spectator's course, as there would be nearly 2 mile segments with no viewing opportunities.

Comment

I've said many times that there should be a three year rotation between Iowa State's course, the Kansas course, and a changing "open" third spot for whomever.
              Hills and sometimes bad weather...that's Cross-Country, folks!

Comment

Working...
              X