Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the first frosh at NCAA's?

There's a lot of talented frosh who could make an impact in cross this year.

Wisconsin's got two good ones: Nelson and Solinsky. Both were fairly high mileage trainers in high school, so could transition well to 8/10K.

Magness is a huge talent and also a high mileage guy, but I don't think Rice is a good program.

John McDonnell usually does a good job with getting frosh to contribute in cross right away. And Sam Vazquez is a big talent. But I'm not sure how'll he'll transition to the longer races this year. Don't think he had much mileage under his belt in HS.

Bobby Curtis at 'Nova is also a stud, but Marcus brings guys along slowly, so don't think he'd got a chance at the top 25.

Colorado's got two sub-9:00 guys (Vaughn and Pifer). They'll need them to contribute this year if they wanna do something at NCAA's.

Georgetown also has two sub-9:00 guys, Dalpiaz and Debole.

Don't know much about Carl Moe (Washington), Steve Hassen (Florida) and Chris Kollar (North Carolina State), also all sub-9:00 guys.

Here are my picks in how they'll finish at NCAA's (all teams but Florida, Washington and Rice should qualify, although Magness could qualify as an individual out of a weak district):

1. Solinsky
    2. Vaughn
    3. Nelson
    4. Curtis
    5. Dalpiaz
    6. Vazquez
    7. Pifer
    8. Debole

Am I leaving anybody out?

Re: Who will be the first frosh at NCAA's?

Ritz will kick Webb's ass!

Comment

Working...
    X