Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanya Richards vs Tonique Williams Darling

Can't believe this matchup has received zero press. Is Tonique still scheduled to run?

The fact that TWD is only No. 8 on hte yearly list and is almost a full second behind Richards, who has broken 50 in 5 of her last 6 races, might have something to do with it. TWD is currently flying way under the radar.

Comment

True that TWD hasn't ran much but the two are still huge rivals. Deserves "some" press if only for TWD's return to the track.

Comment

Perhaps because Tonique has yet to exhibit her form of the last couple of years. Personally, I think Novlene might be the next Williams to beat Sanya.

Hmmm. These Williams girls would make a great 4x4 this year:

Novlene 49.65
        Tonique 50.13
        Shericka 50.24
        Clora 51.06

Comment

also....sanya's 22.35 behind Simpson was rather disappointing...it suggests she may not be able to top her 48.92 from last year. that may be an unfair standard to rate her success, but she brought it upon herself by running so damn fast!

Comment

Originally posted by MCFLY
            also....sanya's 22.35 behind Simpson was rather disappointing...it suggests she may not be able to top her 48.92 from last year. that may be an unfair standard to rate her success, but she brought it upon herself by running so damn fast!
            i don't think it reflects too much on her form

sanya ran a very fast curve in that race ( maybe faster than she's ever run in her life ) & perhaps aiming for a 22.0 - 22.1 : however even her legendary strength coudn't keep her strong for the last ~ 40m ( she just went out too fast )

i think she ran so hard a curve in order to panic sherone ( but it didn't work )

i think if she'd run a more conservative bend, she may have held on stronger for perhaps a 22.1 - 22.2

her 200 reminded me of the 400 wc final she lost last year to twd - in that she again ran the 1st half too quick & faded at the end to lose - 1/52 later in zurich she got the right pace judgement & ran a 48.9

i think the same thing happened to her in stockholm

Comment

Originally posted by Half Miler
              Perhaps because Tonique has yet to exhibit her form of the last couple of years. Personally, I think Novlene might be the next Williams to beat Sanya.

Novlene 49.65
              Tonique 50.13
              Shericka 50.24
              Clora 51.06
              Theoretically, that could be the Americas World Cup team. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                Originally posted by Half Miler

Novlene 49.65
                Tonique 50.13
                Shericka 50.24
                Clora 51.06
                Theoretically, that could be the Americas World Cup team. Wouldn't that be a hoot!
                Guevara and Amertil might want some of that! Certainly Ana and Tonique have been talking.

Comment

I said "theoretically" because I realize that those four would not likely be the best team they could put together.

Comment

Probably would be a theoretical WR for ladies with the same surname, though!

Comment

Name the WR relay (IAAF ratified) with three of the same name!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        Name the WR relay (IAAF ratified) with three of the same name!
                        I give up!!! Been looking for ages...is it some obscure relay?? Perhaps a Chinese team of liu/liu,liu or Li,Li,Li!??? The chinese women have the road relay record, is that it?

Comment

British 440y relay in 1963 with all them Jones boys...

Comment

Who is Tonique's coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                              Who is Tonique's coach?
                              Steve Riddick

Comment

Working...
                              X