• 1 Anyika ONUORA GBR 11.31 11.31
      2 Allyson FELIX USA 11.04 11.04
      3 Debbie FERGUSON BAH 10.91 11.06
      4 Torri EDWARDS USA 10.93 11.06
      5 Sherone SIMPSON JAM 10.82 10.82
      6 Marion JONES USA 10.65 10.91
      7 Joice MADUAKA GBR 11.23 11.23
      8 Stephanie DURST USA 11.13 11.13

11,00 Simpson over Jones into a negative wind. Jones could not catch up to Simpson.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      11,00 Simpson over Jones into a negative wind. Jones could not catch up to Simpson.
      How far back was Jones? I'm hanging in there with my favorite athlete (Jones). This makes good for a rivalry. Hopefully she will get her the next time.

Comment

On her shoulder, but couldn:t muster up another gear to pass her. 0,05 back off Sherone:s pace, so not right on her, but near enough to keep Simpson honest to the line.

Comment

Sherone spanking Marion in the 100m in London

Comment

Originally posted by jammin
            Sherone spanking Marion in the 100m in London

hmm, the spanking really hurts

Comment

Am I the only who feels like it's not exactly the same Jones of the turn of the centry? I don't know, since her return, she just doesn't have that edge, almost as if something is missing from the equation..... In the immortal words of Texas- HMMMMMHMMM......

Comment

I think what she might be missing is vast amounts of illegal growth hormones, but I could be wrong. :wink:

Comment

Wow - Jammin and Flumpy - Marion REALLY hurt you badly, didn't she? Your vindictiveness is quite clear. The good news is that I can see how gleeful you are that she is losing now. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                    Wow - Jammin and Flumpy - Marion REALLY hurt you badly, didn't she? Your vindictiveness is quite clear. The good news is that I can see how gleeful you are that she is losing now. Enjoy.
                    She didn't hurt me particularly, but I suspect the people that she stole medals off all those years are pretty upset.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Spigola_Loca
                      Am I the only who feels like it's not exactly the same Jones of the turn of the centry? I don't know, since her return, she just doesn't have that edge, almost as if something is missing from the equation..... In the immortal words of Texas- HMMMMMHMMM......
                      Interesting article printed on Saturday in The Times:
                      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 11,00.html
                      Originally posted by The Times
                      BACK ON TRACK?

Jones’s best 100-metre times have improved dramatically this year — 10.91sec, 10.92, 10.94 — but are a long way short of her heyday

1997 As a novice, ran 10.91 or faster five times

1998 Ran 10.90 or faster 16 times, including nine times under 10.80

1999 Ran 10.83 or faster five times

2000 Ran 10.91 or better eight times, including 10.75 into a solid headwind in the Olympic final
                      Other interesting quotes from that piece:
                      Take it or leave it, but this is the question: do you see Marion Jones these days as faded royalty or a right royal farce? A way into the debate: will she or will she not be wearing a swoosh tonight? Nike insists that she is still a Nike runner, yet hers has been a swoosh-free vest this summer. A Nike spokesperson explained: “She is out of contract, we are in negotiation.”
                      It was discovered last week that Trevor Graham... is being investigated in the United States. This looks bad — yet there is so much that looks bad for her, it is a minor miracle she is still competing. While just about avoiding being submerged beneath a sea of anecdotal doping connections, she has also had to contend with a $5 million (around £2.7 million) fraud case in which her coach, Steve Riddick, has been indicted, as has Montgomery. That makes it three dodgy coaches and two dodgy partners — at least she is still running well.

Comment

that article was written by owen slot who is some nameless twonk who coudn't carry david powell's jockstrap ( i think this twonk also does the show-jumping )

i stopped reading the times athletics coverage a few years ago when powell retired/left

this guy never persuaded me back

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                          i stopped reading the times athletics coverage a few years ago when powell retired/left
                          Powell never left The Times. Here's his latest:
                          http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 70,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                            Originally posted by eldrick
                            Powell never left The Times. Here's his latest:
                            http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 70,00.html
                            i didn't see his name for a few years & thought he'd retired & been replaced by a twonk

still, it's shameful that the great man doesn't even now get to write the top articles in his speciality

Comment

my mistake, i understand why he got demoted : he is going senile in his ole age :

Yet further comments suggested that Gatlin was already preparing his defence to lay blame elsewhere. “I am not stupid,” he said. “I know why I get it (tested) more (than other athletes). It is because of the people I train with and the people who train me. I am very vulnerable because of the people I have within my circle. I am always walking on eggshells. I have become pretty paranoid about what I take, what I eat, who handles my food. I am always watching my back.
                              idiotic statement - not a "defense" but a simple statement of the reality of the situation he faced

And what was it Gatlin said about the 100 metres? “It’s all about testosterone, adrenalin and who has the biggest heart.” And what is it he has tested positive for? A big heart is fine, an adrenalin rush perfectly acceptable, but too much testosterone can land an athlete in trouble. How Gatlin knows the truth of that now.
                              another moronic comment

often quoted braggadacio which i've heard variations quoted a lot more in motor-sport - doesn't make car-drivers/motor-bikers likely to be dopers

i'll start reading this slot guy, powell's incisiveness is obviously well-past ( he was good in mid-90's & talkin about geb's chances on wrs' )

Comment

Working...
                              X