Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Norwich M-5.000M

Now up.

29,9 for Rotich. Bekele tucks into 4:th. Choge in front of Bekele, Lagat follows. Then Kipchoge then Mottram.

Rotich: 2.34,57
    3.06,8 at 1.200m.
    4.11 at 1.600m. Goucher in back of first pack... Lincoln two places behind. Hall in 3:rd to last.

Lincoln in never-never land stuck between pace groups. Goucher still in that lead pack, but it is strung out.

Pace slows.

Choge at 3.200m takes lead. Choge, Kipchoge easing up. (65,1 between 5 remaining and 4 remaining).

10.33 (2.40) at 4.000m.

11.06 with 800m remaining. Kipchoge leading. Choge on his outside. Bekele in 3:rd. Lagat in 4:th.

Bekele outside to take lead with 430m remaining 12.07,2.

Kickers.. Lagat looks ok. Kipchoge trying to pull close at 12.33 4.800m.

Lagat comes into the picture and it looks he can take this. Lagat sprints and WINS!

LAGAT 12.59,23 (51,94 - 2.25,76)

Lagat!

Comment

WOW - huge last 100 for Lagat - JUST missed BK's AR!!!

Great win for BL.

Comment

Did Bekele run him into the 5th lane??

%-)

Comment

I was looking for that! As they came off the curve, Bekele did start to 'drift', but Lagat was by him too quickly!

Comment

Congrats to Bernard. Not a small feat to dethrone Bekele at any distance. Especially one Lagat rarely contests.

1 Bernard LAGAT USA 12:59.22 PB

2 Kenenisa BEKELE ETH 13:00.04

3 Augustine CHOGE KEN 13:00.74

4 Eliud KIPCHOGE KEN 13:01.74

5 Ben LIMO KEN 13:04.68

6 Boniface SONGOK KEN 13:07.84 SB

7 Craig MOTTRAM AUS 13:08.96

8 Francisco ALVES ESP 13:11.01 PB

9 Adam GOUCHER USA 13:15.94

10 Abdi ABDIRAHMAN USA 13:18.89 SB

11 Radwan KOBORSI USA 13:33.82

12 Reid COOLSAET CAN 13:48.86 SB

13 Ryan HALL USA 13:58.69

Comment

So much for changes in the US alltime list. DNF for Lincoln and Torres.....what gives?

Comment

Lincoln was caught between 2 groups. Don:t know if that killed his race. Hall was outclassed. The end times should provide some evidence of how the race took it out of a lot of the principles (Mottram, for example).

Comment

Great run by BL. It appears that the 15/5 combo is a good way to go. Training for the 15 at the world class level appears to provide runners with plenty of strength for the 5k while keeping that finish. 5/10 guys have a hard time with 1500 guys decide to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril
                    Great run by BL. It appears that the 15/5 combo is a good way to go. Training for the 15 at the world class level appears to provide runners with plenty of strength for the 5k while keeping that finish. 5/10 guys have a hard time with 1500 guys decide to move up.
                    Hall is probably hurt. There is no other explanation.

Comment

Norwich 5000m--any TV? couldn't locate listing on OLN or ?

So Kenyans ran 1st, 3,4,5,6 beating T&F Athlete of the year. What a race that must have been! I am dying to see it, but there is no US TV available as far as I can determine. It's great to see Lagat winning big races and not getting outfinished, especially as a US citizen. I will always remember the Athens 1500 finish, with BL making what looked like the winning move in deep stretch and being outgamed by El G. Now BL has a win over the dominant distance track athlete of the post-Athens period.

Comment

lagat CAN be global champ over 5k for next 2 champs

he absolutely destroyed kennster, who i think has now, little chance of an upcoming global 5k title ( especially as they alwayz follow a sapping 10k ) - lagat's run was same as when el g ran over kennster in og, flattening him like a bug in his path

lagat is good for this kick down close to 12'50 level & the only chance kennster has, is if he is capable of running a solo < 12'45 in a global

lagat will probably have to give up the 1500 in '08 & concentrate only on the 5k ( he needs to be fresh for it ) - if he does so, i expect lagat to be the next

OLYMPIC 5000m CHAMPION

Comment

Re: Norwich 5000m--any TV? couldn't locate listing on OLN or

Originally posted by Sprinter_1997
                          So Kenyans ran 1st, 3,4,5,6 beating T&F Athlete of the year. What a race that must have been! I am dying to see it, but there is no US TV available as far as I can determine.
                          Dude, you've got to get WCSN.com. I watched the race live from Connecticut.

Sign up today. The whole meet is archived so you can watch it again and again...

David Monti
                          Race Results Weekly
                          Since 1994

Comment

"lagat is good for this kick down close to 12'50 level & the only chance kennster has, is if he is capable of running a solo < 12'45 in a global"

Nonsense. 12:50 is completely unknown territory for Lagat at this point in time. 12:50 is another day in the office for K-Bek when rested, but he was still reeling today from his monster 1500 in Stockholm on Tuesday. If the pace doesn't ease off in the middle of the race, Lagat is toast vs. K-Bek in a 12:50 or faster 5K.

Comment

Originally posted by REngelhardt
                              Nonsense. 12:50 is completely unknown territory for Lagat at this point in time.

ehh ?

i suppose 12'37 was "nonsense" territory for kennster when his previous pb was ~ 12'50 ?

12:50 is another day in the office for K-Bek when rested, but he was still reeling today from his monster 1500 in Stockholm on Tuesday.
                              i'd hardly call a 3'33 a "monster 1500"

now what is mottram's 1500pb - 3'38 ? 3'37 ? 3'36 ?

If the pace doesn't ease off in the middle of the race, Lagat is toast vs. K-Bek in a 12:50 or faster 5K.

the man ran a 3'26 & a 3'27 off little "speed" ( he has "little" speed because he has spent a career getting beat by 3'33 guys in 3'36 races )

he jogged around today & kicked in a 51s lap ( NOT 51.9 - he was a few metres down at the bell ) - you don't need a calculator or a ton of stats to tell you that he was hardly extended at all today

he has no limit over 5k

Comment

Working...
                              X