Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Womens 4x400

I was just watching the World Championships womens 4x400 tape and I saw how Sanya Richards was pulling away from them in the last 100 meters which makes me wonder what if Richards had gotten the stick after the Russian or the got it dead even.

Re: Paris Womens 4x400

>I was just watching the World Championships
    >womens 4x400 tape and I saw how Sanya Richards
    >was pulling away from them in the last 100 meters
    >which makes me wonder what if Richards had gotten
    >the stick after the Russian or the got it dead
    >even.

The Russians may have won the race. The Russian and Fenton had to put in a lot of work to do because they were behind. In the case of Nazarova, she lost time due to the bad hand-off. Had she received the baton with a clean hand-off, she would have ran her own her race, probably running a smooth race to the finish. I don't think Sanya would have caught her from behind. She exerted a lot of energy trying to get back into the race early on, thus causing her to struggle towards the finish. She didn't run her own race, she ran Sanya's race and didn't run it wisely, thus causing her to settle for silver.

Comment

which "them" was Richards pulling away from? Who got the stick first on the anchor leg? All the Richards hype need to be put in perspective. She is a very good talent with a bright future but in Paris let's just say she did her job which is to bring the stick home first. The Jamaican anchor ran a blinder and with 3 more meters would have caught the Russian and Richards who was "pulling away from them". Cut the crap!

Comment

>> what
        >if Richards had gotten
        >the stick after the
        >Russian or the got it dead
        >even.

"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts ..."

Way to go, Sanya ...
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Trackster you are a real ANALyst Read what the initial poster wrote before u spew your dung

Comment

Working...
          X