• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndamix
    replied
    Originally posted by tafnut
    Originally posted by ndamix
    He popped the winner in the 5th round where he knocked the previous leader to fourth place.
    That's a very neat trick!
    :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Originally posted by ndamix
    He popped the winner in the 5th round where he knocked the previous leader to fourth place.
    That's a very neat trick!

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    Terry Prentice, another CA kid was nearly as busy as Ebony, with gold in the LJ (just under 24') and hurdles ( big PB of 13.59).

Prentice was sitting in 7th place prior to the final three jumps. He popped the winner in the 5th round where he knocked the previous leader to fourth place. His winning jump just sucked the wind outta all the other competitors.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by tafnut
    Hopefully most of them have pledged themselves to a dope-free future. Maybe.
    Yeah, right. They've probably pledged to maintain their virginity till their married, too. We've all read the stats on that little pledge.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zat0pek
    I've had much more interest in the high school level in the last 10-15 years precisely because of PEDs.
    Hell I am enjoying watching 9 year olds high jump 1m!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zat0pek
    I've had much more interest in the high school level in the last 10-15 years precisely because of PEDs.
    Ditto . . .

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower
    Such an optimist!

I bet quite a few would fail the same test that Gatlin failed in college, because of ADD medication. Most youth are not well educated on what substances are banned.
    You forget what country I am from, and where I live. We have no reason to suspect people cheat here. It is completely socially irresponsible to a level which goes beyond describing. Recall our Clean Sport Certificate programme here.

Leave a comment:

• Zat0pek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    I:d say most likely they have. Keep good mentors in their circles of influence, and most of them will make good choices and continue to flourish.
    Such an optimist!

I bet quite a few would fail the same test that Gatlin failed in college, because of ADD medication. Most youth are not well educated on what substances are banned.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    I:d say most likely they have. Keep good mentors in their circles of influence, and most of them will make good choices and continue to flourish.
    Totally agree.

The only problem is keeping them in the sport. As they get older many become more jaded (ie- you have to take drugs to make it big and I don't wanna take them).

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Maybe the upside is that all those kids at the USATF and AAU Jr. Olympics got a big whiff of the acrid fumes that doping produces. Hopefully most of them have pledged themselves to a dope-free future. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• richxx87
    started a topic Real Track and Field

Real Track and Field

Because of this doping problem these pro guys have, we have forgotten all about what makes this sport great, the great youth stars.

At the USATF J.O. Ebony Collins from Long Beach, CA was a monster! She must've run over a dozen races this weekend, with all the heats and finals for the flat sprints (100~400) and hurdles (100 & 400). Gold in both the 400 events. And now she is just about to go to Beijing, which should be cakewalk with only the 400H heats and final to contend. Although with that 52.3 for 400, maybe she should be in the relay pool as well.

William Wynne (16) from GA, wow 51.5! Beats Klech's time in the 400h (separate age groups so both got gold).

Terry Prentice, another CA kid was nearly as busy as Ebony, with gold in the LJ (just under 24') and hurdles ( big PB of 13.59).

And many more magnificent performances from some great up-and-coming kids -- too bad their "day in the sun" has been overshadowed by the doping issue!

I've never been a huge fan of pro track anyway -- the youth, juniors and college kids are much more pure and exciting.
Working...
X