• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dl
    replied
    Re: 2005 NCAA Track & Field Meet

http://www.gomatadors.com/trackfield_de ... s_id=00792

I'm checking on this, but I don't believe Northridge has lights for their track facitility. Could be an interesting 2 (or 3?) days or track in the L.A. area. The CIF Masters meet, the state qualifying meet for the Southern California area and one of the best high school meets in the nation, will probably be on the same days, but it's a twilight meet. Not sure when the Home Depot meet will be yet, but this year it was the day after the regional.

Leave a comment:

• mt
    replied

>>Go to "calendar" on the front page of
    >this
    >site and check out the future fixtures
    >part;
    >has been posted there for months as
    >Florida, LSU
    >and Texas A&M, with the West site
    >pending. Is it
    >still?>>

Rumor down here has
    >it that some school in the LA area will host West
    >Regional.

Cal State Northridge has announced late last week that it will be hosting the west regional.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Considering the 2004 NCAA East Regional is going to be held at the University of Florida, my guess is come 2005, the regional meet will probably be held in PA or NY.

If you look geographically, George Mason falls in the middle of the east region almost perfectly. Considering how big some of the southern states in the eastern region are.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Go to "calendar" on the front page of
    >this site and check out the future fixtures part;
    >has been posted there for months as Florida, LSU
    >and Texas A&M, with the West site pending. Is it
    >still?>>

Rumor down here has it that some school in the LA area will host West Regional.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

>Um, at least for the regional meets, how about in
    >a major Northeast market ? Tons of fans in
    >Boston-New York-Philadelphia . . . in mid-June
    >chances of a cold spell are pretty slim.>>

The Regionals are mandated by the NCAA to rotate in a north-south direction inside the region. Last year (the first year) it was mandated to be a school in the "middle" of the region; next year it will be in the South; in '05 it will be in the North. I don't know if they have hard and fast rules as to what constitutes the dividing lines on that, and whether or not it varies by region. Note that George Mason (i..e., DC) was the "middle" of the East Regional last year, for whatever that's worth.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Um, at least for the regional meets, how about in
    a major Northeast market ? Tons of fans in
    Boston-New York-Philadelphia<<

Tons of fans, perhaps, but is there a suitable track in any of those cities?

Leave a comment:

• BillCarr
    replied

Um, at least for the regional meets, how about in a major Northeast market ? Tons of fans in Boston-New York-Philadelphia . . . in mid-June chances of a cold spell are pretty slim.

Maybe instead of a permanent site, they could just have 3 sites (East, Midwest, West) and rotate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Any site hosting the national meet should do the regional meet the year before as a test run and to build fan interest. In fact, I'd consider givng sites a four year package in each region: three years hosting the regional followed by a fourth year hosting the national meet.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I missed it! Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>How about this spring's (2004) NCAA regional
    >meets? Are they at the same sites as last year?
    >I have not seen anything on it.>>

Go to "calendar" on the front page of this site and check out the future fixtures part; has been posted there for months as Florida, LSU and Texas A&M, with the West site pending. Is it still?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The Mid-west regional will be at Texas A&M, And Austin TX. will host this years NCAA championships

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

How about this spring's (2004) NCAA regional meets? Are they at the same sites as last year? I have not seen anything on it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My personal preferences for the NCAA Champs are: Baton Rouge (great track. Love that straight in the middle of the track) and/or Austin, TX.

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied

I think the NCAAs should be held somewhere where there is a good, knowledgeable, enthusiastic track following and where the likelihood of injury to the athlets is minimal. I remember one year quite a few of our athletes got injured in was it Buffalo or some cold place.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied

Yeah, let's have it in Eugene so we can simulate the Winter Olympics with regularity

What's wrong with a different site every year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X