Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.Diddy running NYC 26.2

He is running this for charity to raise 1 mil.
    one qoute was "if I have to crawl I will finish"
    P.Diddy

Re: P.Diddy running NYC 26.2

Will he be with his posse?
    Will he be with his gun?

Comment

He ain't...goin'...nowhere.

I apologize to the over-30 crowd.

He thinks he's gonna take down Oprah? I wonder who he'll hire as his bodyguards during the race?

I feel sorry for his fans who'll be waiting on the course to see him around mile 23. Doubt he'll make it that far.

Comment

He will run a 3:24

Comment

How about some positivity here, especially since he is running for kid causes? If Oprah finished, why couldn't Combs? Maybe he'll one day toss some money toward track & field?

Comment

I wish P-Did the best at this. Whatever his time is doesn't matter, as long as he finishes. Hope he's training, and has time for it. I hear he's a busy man.

Wonder who's training him?

Comment

Why doesn't he just give a million $ of his own money?

Comment

>He ain't...goin'...nowhere.

I apologize to the
                >over-30 crowd.

He thinks he's gonna take down
                >Oprah? I wonder who he'll hire as his bodyguards
                >during the race?

I feel sorry for his fans
                >who'll be waiting on the course to see him around
                >mile 23. Doubt he'll make it that far.

That's a bit harsh! Here's a quote from another article I read:
                "Although he only started training three weeks ago, he is up to 17 miles (27km) a week & runs 6x a week. In order to get in shape, Diddy said he's on a high-protein, low-carb diet of lean chicken, fish and lots of water."

Why the negativity? Fair enough if you don't like the guy (personally, I'm not a huge fan of the guy myself), but why put down someone else's act of charity?

For those who care, here's a site about it all:
                http://www.diddyrunsthecity.com/

Comment

i heard he hired a british coach named frank horwill to coach him for the last year, who has him on a 11 day schedule, day one long run of 2 and a half hours. day 2 35 minute recovery run, day 3 marathon rehearsal run starting at 9 miles and adding 1 mile a week until he got up to 18 miles which was 6 months ago, day4 35 minute recovery run, day 5 3 mile warmup and cooldown 3x2 miles at 10k pace with 90 second rest, day6 rest, day7,3 mile warmup and cooldown 4x1 mile at 5k pace with 60 second rest, day8 35 minute recovery run, day9 3 mile warmup and cooldown 8x800 at 3k pace with 90 second rest, day10 35 minute recovery run day 11 start day 1 again.

Comment

I also can´t understand all the negativity about this.
                    I am no P.Diddy fan, but he runs for the kids.
                    Somebody asked, why he just doesn´t spend money.
                    Well, I think it´s awesome, he´s not going to go the easy way.
                    We have enough kids getting fat, playing video games and watching tv.
                    He usually ain´t a good role model (usually I think the name P.Diddy and role model doesn´t fit) but maybe some kids may be thinking "if he can do it, I can do it".

By the way, ít´s good for Track. I mean, I would be delighted to see some celebrities other than the Athletes at Track Meets. USATF should try to do something with it.

Comment

as for celebrities running marathons, i had heard president george bush ran a marathon in a little over 3 hours, and then vice president al gore finished the marine corps marathon. does anyone know if this is true.

Comment

"as for celebrities running marathons, i had heard president george bush ran a marathon in a little over 3 hours, and then vice president al gore finished the marine corps marathon. does anyone know if this is true."

I know Gore finished a marathon at some point; not sure if it was Marine Corps or a different one. He ran a little over 4 hours, as I recall.

Bush I'm not sure about; I think he did run one, but I'm just not sure. I know that last year he ran 3 miles with the marine recruits on Paris Island and finished in 20:29 (not bad for a mid-50s guy!).

Comment

Mr. Johnson, I once heard rumors that PDiddy was a pretty decent NY hs sprinter, and had participated in the Penn Relays as a prep. Any comments ?

Comment

>He ain't...goin'...nowhere.

I apologize to the
                            >over-30 crowd.

He thinks he's gonna take down
                            >Oprah? I wonder who he'll hire as his bodyguards
                            >during the race?

I feel sorry for his fans
                            >who'll be waiting on the course to see him around
                            >mile 23. Doubt he'll make it that far.

Given the subsequent posts, what exactly are you basing this on? Is is just an opinion with no facts?

Comment

what is with all the negative feedback. This guy is not trying to be world class he is trying to help a lot of needy people and the most you people is take away from the good that he is trying to do. I think all yall are some haters

Comment

Working...
                              X