Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Presented without comment...

P. Diddy took 15 minutes to get to the start. This means he started at the back with the rest of the midpackers and he did not try to use his fame to get a prominent starting place. You got to respect that. I take back my "gun" and "posse" comment in the past...I am actually starting to like Mr. Diddy. I hipe he has more time to train nex time. Is he interested in a club?

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    Presented without comment...

...a quote from Sports Illustrated(emphasis added):

"Combs: Four weeks before the marathon, I STARTED to abtain from everything. I CUT BACK on the drinking and extensive partying."

Leave a comment:

• blacklily
    replied
    Re: P.Diddy running NYC 26.2

>hey..never under estimate a bronxite...

Actually, P. Diddy is originally from Harlem. That would make him a Manhattanite, not a Bronxite. Diddy raising $2 million for the kids is a good thing, so my hats off to him.

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    replied

time to ease up here, not that big of a deal, particularly when thousands and thousands of USATF's membership base is weekend recreational road runners.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Of course, it could be viewed that P. Diddy is a step up from the two preceding USATF choices: Bradley Harkrader and Nick Bdera. There's a couple of high-profile names for you. What a pathetic program. At least baseball and the real pro sports have the good sense to shut down these kinds of choices when the season is actually over. Maybe there's room for Regina's dog in there somewhere (assuming he tests clean).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

how about calling him "contributor of the week" or something?

Sounds good to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Why not? Because it denigrates every real athlete on the list of winners for the rest of the year. That's not to say it wasn't wonderful for the sport and didn't garner us tons of publicity, but how about calling him "contributor of the week" or something?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I thought you were kidding, but it's real!

http://www.usatf.org/news/showRelease.a ... -11-04.xml

Well, why the hell not? He did more for the American running consciousness than anyone else! 'Athlete' is stretching it a bit, though.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

USATF names P. Diddy it's "athlete of the week"?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

P Diddy, alias Puff Daddy, real name: Sean Combs.

Music mogul, celebrity, etc.

Since Diddy is not a last name, it wouldn't be Mr. Diddy, would it? Be that as it may, he took a big step forward by taking the risk of looking foolish (i.e. not finishing - or being slower than Oprah!) for a very good cause. More celebrities need to use their names for similar causes. I'm with this last lady.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

P. Diddy ran with the respect and prayers of postive people in the world. It doesn't matter how long the jouney, what matter is the first step and crossing the finish line. P. Diddy didn't stop on his jounry, he saw the finish which takes determination and guts, such as life, takes the same determination to challenge our fears of Not succeeding but, SUCCEEDING.

Thank you very much my young son. You made all mothers proud of you and what you can do for the children of NYC. Mr. Diddy you showed the world how determined you are. We ALL can be Mr. Diddy's with that type of determination to succeed in our commitments for others who are less fortunate.

Mothers are Proud of you Son!

Keep your head and guard up. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Such as LIFE

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Who on earth is P.Diddy? Please explain.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

uh oh, you're get scolded for that!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Way to go P. Diddy! 2 MILLION dollars for the kids! Sweet, man, sweet.

The next celeb I would like to see run the NYM is.....Serena Williams....in a bikini.

Leave a comment:

• hammer forever
    replied

Didn't Bush get someone in the Texas Air National Guard to run the race for him?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X