Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberto Garcia gets 2-year ban

From the BBC:
    "Garcia denies taking drugs" European 5,000m indoor record-holder Alberto Garcia has received a two-year ban after testing positive for the blood-boosting drug Erythropoietin (EPO).

Re: Alberto Garcia gets 2-year ban

Do you have a link, IAAF ect, link for the quote?

Unless and until there's an accurate and consistent protocol for EPO testing, I remain convinced to the likeliness of all positive EPO tests being bogus, and thus implicating athletes who are innocent of taking any banned EPO substances.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/3171878.stm

Comment

I've heard that Garcia tested negative the day before the competition and was then tested again
        after the competition (I don't remember if it was the day after or 2-3 days following) and then resulted positive.

As even Garcia said himself, why the hell would an athlete take EPO after the race and not before?!

I don't want to imply whether he's clean or not, but this must surely prove that the current test isn't 100% reliable.

Comment

>I've heard that Garcia tested negative the day
          >before the competition and was then tested again
          after the competition >>

With no idea who you are, or who told you (your barber's uncle's sister's doorman, who got it from the chef's manicurist?), why even post such stuff? This has no more credence than scribbles on a bathroom wall.

Comment

Working...
          X