Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor. What is it?

gh & others: Please review the following situation and give an opinion as well as your sources for the opinion. Thanks.

High School A has their Indoor PV record listed as 15'9". However, it was achieved at the 1979 state track & field championships. Due to rain & cold, the PV was moved indoor. Should this be School A's Indoor record? Is indooor track a season or a venue? I have seen various interpretations. The state in question does not 'officially' endorse indoor track, so they cannot provide an answer. To be considered a record, should the mark be achieved during the indoor season, or simply inside a facility with a roof?

Re: Indoor. What is it?

I have an unrelated question about "Indoor...what is it."

I think I saw somewhere that the IAF rules were liberalized for WR's set indoors, if all conditions were otherwise acceptable ? This would obviously only be true in the field events using a regular outdorr shot, or in the HJ/3J/PV, using a rubber runway not set on wood, etc.

Am I all wrong on this ? Maybe I imagined it.

Was Bubka's 20'2"i from a wood runway or a tartan runway set on wood ?

Comment

Re: Indoor. What is it?

Very similar situation to High School A actually occured. At the 1970 NCAA Outdoor Championships at Drake, a rain storm forced the PV indoors. Jan Johnson cleared 17-7 and I believe it was accepted as a collegiate or AR. GH help me out this.

Comment

Working...
      X