Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy running partner

If you could choose any athlete, alive or dead, to go for an easy 10 with, who would it be?
    I'm going with Don Kordong. He has raced some of the best, and after reading some of his columns, he seems to have quite a sense of humor. I bet he has some great stories to tell.

Re: Fantasy running partner

tafnut, I guess we ARE diseased... we both got deleted !!

Comment

Paavo Nurmi (Spelling?) or Emil Zatopek (my form would look good next to his) or Frank Shorter.

Comment

maybe this response will not get deleted like my last one.... I'll be more serious...

my dream run with someone would not be a 10 miler. It would be attacking the sand dunes at Portsea with Herb Elliott.

Comment

A group of: Deerfoot, Walter George, Nurmi, Haegg, Zatopek, Kuts, Bikila, Mills, Clarke, Bedford, Aouita, Tergat, and Geb. That would be a group conversation worth hearing.

Comment

With Geb speaking the most understandable English of them all! :-)

Comment

You're probably right! But we could at least IMAGINE all the words to be sparkling and brilliant!

Comment

I thought I would have a fantasy run about 1983 in Columbus, Ohio. I was attending a track & field coaching seminar and Sebastian Coe and his father spoke at one of the sessions. I asked Sebastian if he was going to run the next morning and if so may I join him. He said yes, meet me in the lobby around 7. Naturally, I was there early and waited about 1/2 hour, but he never showed. I had just run a 2:42 marathon, so I might have been able to keep up with him on one of his easy days. Maybe he thought I looked like a jogger.

Comment

The title of the thread makes me think either Jill Stamison-McMullen or Elle Macpherson.

Comment

and multiple posts have been pulled because of it... please don't make me do it again

Comment

Gabe Jennings and Alan Webb (yes, seriously). Sometimes the energy of young people in their prime can be infectious. That and I bet both guys are pretty competitive and would start to race at some point.

Comment

aw shucks Garry some of us old toads are just having fun, nothing more....

Comment

Yeah, gh ! I agree with Steve(old hjumpers tend to think alike). Why so prudish on this topic? I mean, seriously, I really would much prefer to take an afternoon run with Polly Plummer than Zatopek or Vladimir Kuts!

Comment

paula radcliffe

Comment

On a more wholesome note:
                              My fantasy running partner for an easy 10 would be Geb...and he keeps asking me to slow down--!

(Hey, it's *MY* fantasy!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X