Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men'sworld relay record splits

Anyone have splits for bot U.S. men's 37.40 wr 4 x 100s and also that 37.48? I have anchor splits byLewis and others but not first three and I am most desirous of obaining same.

Thank you.

Re: Men'sworld relay record splits

I've never seen anything for the Barcelona 37.40 other than the Lewis anchor; for the Stuttgart 37.40 it's 10.44, 8.96, 9.43, 8.92. Don't believe any splits were ever released on the 37.48.

Comment

I've seen a split of 10.00 for lead off Mike Marsh
      and 8.85 for anchor Carl Lewis but no splits for
      the middle 2.

Comment

Splits for Stuttgart'93 37.40 and 37.48 can be found in ATFS Athletics 1994.
        37.48 was 10.58, 8.86, 9.45, 8.98
        Note that the total is 37.87, not 37.48, so i believe that it's the time for each runners individually when the reach 100, 200, 300m marks, as opposed to times when baton's owner cruises those marks (in which case, the total of splits should be equal to 37.48).

Comment

Now how does MJ's 10.12 from Atlanta look?

Comment

While all the infighting was going on over who would run in Atlanta, I found it incredible that Johnson wasn't even considered. 10.12 around a bend in lane 3(?) has got to be worth 9.92 on a straight. Him anchoring against Bailey would have been the right time and right place.

Comment

Here's a really obvious question - Do the relay coaches actually time these guys out of the blocks around the first curve to see who's actually got the stuff? Who says JD was our best all these times? He is great at it, but maybe B Williams or Patton or Capel or Gatlin or Crawford or C Miller is actually the fastest around the curve. I bet the coaches did not.

Comment

Wasn't MJ injured after the 200? Did he run on the 4x400?
                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

"Wasn't MJ injured after the 200? Did he run on the 4x400?"

Yes - strained his hamstring slightly while setting the 200 record and didn't run the 4x4.

I don't remember how the schedule worked (i.e. was the 4x1 before or after the 200).

If the 4x1 was after the 200, of course he couldn't have run due to the injury.

However, even if the 4x1 was before the 200 I still don't think he would have run; I think he was entirely focused on the 200 and the 4x1 would have gotten in the way of that.

Comment

Working...
                  X