Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldrick
    ( i checked those semis results & it looks to me if kerron had run his semi 0.12s slower he wouda got lane 8 in the final . . .
    Nonsense. That's not the way the lane draw works.

Comment

jay

he got lane 1 in 'sinki

it's virtually impossible to win from there & even the toughtest of mentally-strong hurdlers know that
      I've seen two Olympic gold medals in the 400mH won from lane 1. Somebody must have forgotten to tell those guys that it was virtually impossible to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        jay

he got lane 1 in 'sinki

it's virtually impossible to win from there & even the toughtest of mentally-strong hurdlers know that
        I've seen two Olympic gold medals in the 400mH won from lane 1. Somebody must have forgotten to tell those guys that it was virtually impossible to do that.
        & the lane wr is 47.50 from angelo

even if kerron matched that in 'sinki, he'd only have got bronze

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
          ( i checked those semis results & it looks to me if kerron had run his semi 0.12s slower he wouda got lane 8 in the final . . .
          Nonsense. That's not the way the lane draw works.
          looking at those 3 semi results :

for final :

1 - kerron - 48.49 when 2nd in semi
          2 - sanchez - 48.24 when 3rd in semi
          3 - carter - 47.78 when winning semi
          4 - van zyl - 48.16 when winning semi
          5 - kamani - 47.84 when 2nd in semi
          6 - jackson - 48.19 when winning semi
          7 - tamusue - 48.46 when 4th in semi
          8 - keita - 48.60 when 2nd in semi

the draw for poor lanes looks as follows ( favored middle lanes i can't figure out presently ) :

8th time - lane 8
          7th time - lane 1
          6th time - lane 7
          5th time - lane 2

if kerron had run it 0.12s slower, he'd probably have got 8, if he'd run 0.03s faster, he'd have got lane 7

latter looks more likely & he shouda pushed for the line, which he obviously couda done, looking at the photo :

Comment

You still don't get it. The way the draw works is simple. The three semi winners plus the fastest second placers are in lane 3-6 and there's a random draw for lanes within that group. The other two second placers and those with the next two fastest times are in a separate random draw for lanes 1,2,7,8. Within that group, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you ran--you have an equal chance of getting 1 or 8.

If you don't believe me, read IAAF Rule 166.4.

Comment

i'm not sure why people get confused with lane draws. it's seems pretty easy to understand to me. maybe some sort of hangover from swimming?

Comment

Working...
              X