Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US behaviour in team events

It is unbelievable as US female team lost the oportunity to fight for the title in female competition. In a team event, the team must be the priority.In field events the first objective is to get a valid result, start the PV at 4.40m is stupid.
    Disqualifications in 4*100m are usual, but due to be on wrong lane ... maybe in kids competion! US lost about 12 points (and in consequence others get 1 or 2 more points).
    Without that silly errors US would be very close of top positions and the 2nd day is very open (Russia team seems not so strong as it should be). What a pity, female competition is being very interesting and US should also be on the fight.

Speaking of team scoring, am I just blind, or is it not be found anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      That's your job! Didn't you get the memo?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Only place I've found them is in the .PDF "official report" files available from the event scoring pages.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          http://www.iaaf.org/wcp06/results/standings.html

Comment

Well, my first thought was 'does anyone care about the team scores'? Now apparently at least one person does . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
              Well, my first thought was 'does anyone care about the team scores'? Now apparently at least one person does . . .
              In Europe, team events are well appreciated, every year there are team competitions. In US it seems not ... maybe NCAA is the exception.

Comment

Re: US behaviour in team events

Originally posted by Moura
                It is unbelievable as US female team lost the oportunity to fight for the title in female competition. In a team event, the team must be the priority.In field events the first objective is to get a valid result, start the PV at 4.40m is stupid.
                Disqualifications in 4*100m are usual, but due to be on wrong lane ... maybe in kids competion! US lost about 12 points (and in consequence others get 1 or 2 more points).
                Without that silly errors US would be very close of top positions and the 2nd day is very open (Russia team seems not so strong as it should be). What a pity, female competition is being very interesting and US should also be on the fight.
                An Official's error? Perhaps they'll re-run the event

http://www.iaaf.org/WCP06/news/Kind=4/newsId=36277.html

Due to an official’s error, the second legs of the Europe and USA squads lined up in the wrong lanes; Europe wound up eighth while the U.S. was disqualified. A Jury of Appeal decision is pending as this report is published

Comment

Re: US behaviour in team events

Originally posted by TrakFan
                  An Official's error? Perhaps they'll re-run the event

http://www.iaaf.org/WCP06/news/Kind=4/newsId=36277.html

Due to an official’s error, the second legs of the Europe and USA squads lined up in the wrong lanes; Europe wound up eighth while the U.S. was disqualified. A Jury of Appeal decision is pending as this report is published
                  If this is true, I was very unfair with Stephanie Durst. Sorry!

Comment

I'm generally curious how often races have actually been re-ran when similar errors have occurred -- Any stat gurus out there?

Comment

i can't seeing them re-running the whole race again with all 9 teams

is there a precedent for just the 2 teams involved to re-race in the lanes assigned to them previously & include their final race times in today's race to work out overall race positions/points ?

if this had happened in an og final, what wouda happened ?

Comment

Well if I criticize an athlete to be an wrong lane, I criticize much more an official (if it is true) for that mistake. That can not happen!

Comment

It would seem unfair If they don't allow all teams to "try again" Especially if the fault was the officials. If another athlete caused the problem, then all results should stand, i.e, the poor Russian who was taken down by Felicien in the OG final.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

is there a precedent for just the 2 teams involved to re-race in the lanes assigned to them previously & include their final race times in today's race to work out overall race positions/points ?

Ther is no easy solution, but if it is an official error, I only see two solutions:

- Repeat the race

- Not count 4*100m female for team competition

Both solutions have advantages and disdvantages.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

Ther is no easy solution, but if it is an official error, I only see two solutions:

- Repeat the race

- Not count 4*100m female for team competition

Both solutions have advantages and disdvantages.
                              in swimming, if 2 swimmers were tied in the heats & they were fighting for 1 qualification slot, they used to have swim-offs, so perhaps the original suggestion is worth some consideration

Comment

Working...
                              X