Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised the announcer didn't say something! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by piaba
      if these officials can't run a relay race, they should be fired.
      Fire them from a meet that won't exist again (at this venue, for a long time). Not much consequence there. There certainly needs to be a full accounting for WHY this was not overturned by the JoA. The Meet Director has some splainin' to do!

Comment

Re: US behaviour in team events

Originally posted by Moura
        Originally posted by polevaultpower
        Originally posted by Moura
        It is unbelievable as US female team lost the oportunity to fight for the title in female competition. In a team event, the team must be the priority.In field events the first objective is to get a valid result, start the PV at 4.40m is stupid.
        In fairness to Jenn, she has been successfully opening at this height or higher all summer.
        Sorry, but this is a team event (I know there is an individual prize) and if she fails ... the team will lost points (in this case Jenn theoretically could be in 2nd to 5th place). 4.40m as start for a 4.66 PB seems to me very risky on a team competition.
        It is not. She would be more likely to miss at a lower bar.

Comment

Official Screwup..Unforgiveable

I don't know how the JOA could reject the appeal since it was an official's fault. When you are running a relay, no matter what level, and the official tells you to stand in lane x then you do so. To punish the athletes for an official screwup is unforgiveable. But then what do you expect from the IAAF?

Comment

Re: Official Screwup..Unforgiveable

Originally posted by snook
            I don't know how the JOA could reject the appeal since it was an official's fault. When you are running a relay, no matter what level, and the official tells you to stand in lane x then you do so. To punish the athletes for an official screwup is unforgiveable. But then what do you expect from the IAAF?
            can someone please explain what happened we're in the stadium and just saw really rubbish change overs but mo explaination. when did runners realise they were in wrong lanes? after the gun had gone ???

emma ania tried to explain to us after the race but i thought she was just making excuses i need to apologise ops:
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

I'm here in the stadium and only today (Sunday) learned about the wrong-lanes situation.

My impression from sitting in the press tribune was that the DQ had been called on the first pass occurring before the zone. IF the first pass occurred out of lane AND out of zone, that might have been the justification for letting the DQ stand.

Has anyone seen a video?

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                I'm here in the stadium and only today (Sunday) learned about the wrong-lanes situation.

My impression from sitting in the press tribune was that the DQ had been called on the first pass occurring before the zone. IF the first pass occurred out of lane AND out of zone, that might have been the justification for letting the DQ stand.

Has anyone seen a video?

Comment

Working...
                X