Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Where is my topic?

><Coward. To deny actual differences is racist.
    >You are a racist of the worst kind, one of the
    >reasons that we have the problems we do.
    >Coward.>

Nerve, first of all, the biological
    >differences between races are miniscule. In the
    >American (and many western European societies)
    >the issues of life-style and culture are more
    >socio-economic than based on race.
    Second of
    >all, did it occur to you that accepting the above
    >facts may not be "politically correct" or
    >cowardly, but actually not be biased?

"Miniscule" differences biologically can equate to large differences in the real world, something you probably already know, but won't admit to. It wouldn't be PC.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

That's it; I'm going to the "Historical threads."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Fuck you uncle fucker-----let's invade Canada! Oh, and by the way, what would Brian Boitano do?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

What is the current topic of discussion? It seems that this thread has descended into the bickering and squabbling that most do after 40 or so posts.

Leave a comment:

• MJD

• MJD
    replied

>Well, you certainly can't argue with the
    >scientific research there. Canadian housewife
    >walks into grocery store in minor U.S. burg and
    >can instantly judge the relative health of both
    >nations.

Would you relax. I just thought it was a very timely comment-even a little funny. Maybe it is only this little tiny burg that doesn't buy much in the way of fruit and vegetables. You can't argue with the fact that that is not a good thing whether you are a member of WHO or not. As far as being a bigot, I don't personaly know any canucks that are as pro-American as I am. I just put up my yankee flag for crying out loud.

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis

• michael lewis
    replied

"Don?t you know that processing defeats the purpose?"

I'd say DIGRESSING defeats the purpose of this board and this post.

Leave a comment:

• dunes runner

• dunes runner
    replied

> Don?t you know that processing defeats the purpose? The whole point is to eat your foods in as natural a state as possible.

Then don't eat oatmeal.

Leave a comment:

• Pego

• Pego
    replied

<Coward. To deny actual differences is racist. You are a racist of the worst kind, one of the reasons that we have the problems we do. Coward.>

Nerve, first of all, the biological differences between races are miniscule. In the American (and many western European societies) the issues of life-style and culture are more socio-economic than based on race.
    Second of all, did it occur to you that accepting the above facts may not be "politically correct" or cowardly, but actually not be biased?

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis

• michael lewis
    replied

"Canadian housewife walks into grocery store in minor U.S. burg and can instantly judge the relative health of both nations......Thanks for making Canadians look like bigoted idiots. Maybe we're not such good neighbours after all."

Canadian browses to message board and can instantly judge the level of bigotry of an entire nation, based on a single post. I guess the irony was lost on you. Btw, I'm Canadian.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well, you certainly can't argue with the scientific research there. Canadian housewife walks into grocery store in minor U.S. burg and can instantly judge the relative health of both nations. Does the World Health Organization know of her incredible skills?

Thanks for making Canadians look like bigoted idiots. Maybe we're not such good neighbours after all.

Leave a comment:

• MJD

• MJD
    replied

>I strongly agree the North Americans in general
    >have a major health crisis.

Natasha, it is much worse down here. Down in Eville NY for the week-end festivities and there is a gigantic Walmart in Springville. My wife just went for a grocery run and she commented that she couldn't believe how pathetically small the produce section was compared to a much smaller Canuck grocery store. I won't say what she said about the patrons and their state.

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis

• michael lewis
    replied

Still looking for more current stats though 5 yrs isn't going to make a HUGE difference - me, earlier on this board.

Well it would appear that 3 years moved us from 55% of Americans qualifying as overweight (1998) to 62% (2001). At any rate, anecdotal recollections of how Europeans appeared to live, gleaned while travelling, aren't going to cut it as a counter-argument.

Please find something more convincing to BUTT-ress your position.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

1. The “superiority” of one race over
    >the other in sport/life is very much taboo in
    >the present day PC America. Such discussion
    >(correctly) qualifies one as a racist.

Coward. To deny actual differences is racist. You are a racist of the worst kind, one of the reasons that we have the problems we do. Coward.

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis

• michael lewis
    replied

"Is a large part of American society overweigtht, bad lifestyle, smoking/drinking etc. ?? Absolutely , but that has always been so, but it is less so today than anytime in the last 40 years."

Sorry Steve, it just isn't so. Every statistic I've seen coming out of the CDC and NIH and other US institutions concerned with measuring these things shows matters getting worse, NOT better, over the last 40 years. Check the url I included in an earlier post, or the one below.

"Obesity is the second leading killer of Americans -- beaten only by cigarette smoking -- who make up the world's fattest population. An estimated 62 percent of U.S. citizens are overweight and 26 percent are obese."

http://www.cnn.com/2001/HEALTH/diet.fit ... 8/fat.fit/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>>I did hope that we could discuss some
    >physical
    >characteristics in runners

>What I
    >meant is
    >this:

I will not discuss such ideas for three
    >reasons:
    1. The “superiority” of one race over
    >the other in sport/life is very much taboo in
    >the present day PC America. Such discussion
    >(correctly) qualifies one as a racist.

That cowardly attitude is one reason there are so many problems in America today. "Racist" to discuss facts? Cowardly not to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X