Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget The SI Cover Jinx!

Being a centrefold isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Just look at what having TFN staple your bellybutton does for you:

August--Tyree Washington a slam dunk to win Paris gold, doesn't.

May--Deena Drossin has to have skin-cancer surgery

April--Justin Gatlin goes from world indoor 60 champ to not making outdoor team

March--Stacy Dragila goes from 'history's highest vaulter' to losing that title to noheighting at the world indor and not medaling outdoors

February--Mo Greene's bid to become 4-time world champ sees him not making the final

January--Jorge Torres picked for NCAA cross title but can't win a track title indoors or out

I rest my case! (conveniently ignoring Allen Johnson in June, but I'm sure a meteor is crashing through the roof of his house even as we speak)

Re: Forget The SI Cover Jinx!

Didn't seem to hurt King Carl or Edwin Moses or MJ (either one) too much. I seem to recall their visages a lot.

Comment

Uh, the subject here was the TFN centrefolds, which only started earlier this year.

Comment

"Alan Webb - Training Like a Pro" - there's a cover. A cover that became a jinx.

Comment

training like a pro, but not racing like a pro

Comment

<January--Jorge Torres picked for NCAA cross title but can't win a track title indoors or out>

He was one of the few American's to make the finals in Paris. He was a bright spot in a horrid showing by US distance runners in this year's world championships. I think he may have 13:10 5000meter potential. He is not the typical US 13:30 guy that is only interested in winning domestic races.

Comment

aNGELA wILLIAMS was on the cover as a High School senior and went on to win 4 NCAA 100 Meter Titles.

Comment

We're talking about centerfolds, not covers.

Comment

Working...
                X