Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TFN Billing scam

Yeah, I got the re up notice too, from Global Publications Service. I remembered the warning from TFN and simply called in to extend my subscription. There should be a reserved place in hell for these people.

Comment

dbj ( if I got it right)

what do you mean an "occasional dud issue..." blasphemy !!!!!

T&FN is a sacred document. You're not only supposed to get every issue, you are supposed to read every issue, and of most importance, you are supposed to SAVE every issue ( I've got 'em ALL , all the way back to inception.)

( Garry, do I get a free renewal next year for saying all that ??!!)

Comment

<SAVE every issue >

Yep. And continue to ignore your wife's cries "what the hell do you save all those for?"
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

><SAVE every issue >

Yep. And continue to
          >ignore your wife's cries "what the hell do you
          >save all those for?"

I have an entire 12 by 12 room full of stuff going back into the 60's. Track and road running only goes back about 21 years but the SI collection goes back almost 35.

Comment

Pego, in a "War of the Roses"-type scenario, my wife's oft-repeated ultimate threat is to "burn all your Track and Field News."

Or as Elvis would say, "You can burn my house, steal my car, drink my liquor out of an old fruit jar, but don't, don't burn my Track and Field News!!"

Comment

<"You can burn my house, steal my car, drink my liquor out of an old fruit jar, but don't, don't burn my Track and Field News!!">

No truer words were ever spoken.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I got one of these a couple of years ago, after I read the warning in the magazine. I called T&FN's business office and they warned me not to send them any money, that they were not authorized as an agent. I called the scumbags and screamed at them, then called the Oregon Better Business Bureau. The BBB was not really interested, because I hadn't lost any money.

A few days ago, I got another notice from the same outfit, so I guess they're still in "business."
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

Next time you are in a really pissy mood (like if the Cubs blow the Pennant tonight), suggest you call United Publishers Network, one of the phonies, at 1-866-221-6068, and tell them what they are doing is illegal. They'll tell you very firmly that it IS legal and you can scream some expletives and they will hang up on you. Not sure it will do any good, but it sure made me feel better!

Comment

Thanks fro that 800 #:

I just called them. When a live lady answered, I just stated to her that they were a terrible organization with a terrible reputation, possibly crooked, and that I was a "member of an organization" that had been affected by their actions, and that hopefully "thousands of us" would be calling to express that same opinion. Then I hung up.

Comment

You TFN types might be interested in a lawsuit that these guys recently lost:

http://circman.com/ar/marketing_publisher_wins_court/

Comment

I don't see the magazine often. I did see it once at Borders.

Comment

I got nailed by this scam a couple years ago too.

They keep sending resubs periodically, for T&F and other mags too.

It was more the case, I wasn't fully aware of when my sub ended, got mail about renewal, and got caught.

Comment

Working...
                          X