Clear All
    MJD

• MJD
    replied
    Re: What's Up at Runner's World?

or even
    >slowerpaces. Cut 'em some slack and give them
    >some respect. They ARE "runners."

Do you draw the line anywhere Steve? My line is somewhere left of 6 hours for the marathon- whatever that is per mile.

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    replied

No Name, you certainly do not antagonize me, but be careful in talking about "joggers vs. walkers."

Those millions( well, multi thousands )of recreational runners out there, many of whom are seriously busting their rear ends 5 days a week, are not joggers. They are serious recreational runners that just do not happen to have the ability and/or the youth to run 32 minute 10k's. But there are humping it to run their 6, 6:30, 7 minute, or even slowerpaces. Cut 'em some slack and give them some respect. They ARE "runners."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"runners world needs help , It mainly advertising for shoes and beginner joggers. It really doesn't help the
    sport"

Somewhat true - if the magazine decides that it wants to devote itself to jogging and running shoes, that is okay.

But if that is the case it should re-name itself; possibly Joggers World or something like that.

Big difference between runners and joggers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

runners world needs help , It mainly advertising for shoes and beginner joggers. It really doesn't help the
    sport

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    replied

thank you. I was too lazy to "find" it myself !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

that's a toughie: runnersworld.com

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    replied

what's their website address ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

As limited as the print magazine's coverage of the elite end of the sport was , the RW online website is a real contribution to the sport. I hope it continues at the same level. Marty Post deserves our thanks for it.

Leave a comment:

• MJD

• MJD
    replied

>I resolved that I would never again
    >read a single word of a single article in Runners
    >World.

There is a picture of the girl who won the Toronto Marathon in the local rag today(actually in a time that would impress a bunch of people that I was arguing with on another thread). But here's the thing. She has various and sundry audio
    visual equipment on her head.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I read an article a few years ago in Runners World that advised marathon runners to take cameras with during the race and to stop and take pictures of noteworthy sites.

The article emphasized that you should STOP running while taking pictures to ensure that the photos are not blurry.

I resolved that I would never again read a single word of a single article in Runners World.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Buzz on the street says that anybody who has any connection with real track (as opposed to jogging) is going to be cashiered.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I have found Runner's world a rather dull read in the last few years. Too many stories about average joes and the latest running shoes. Why can't they cover more of the elite scene.

The problem with Track and Field News is that you cannot find it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think Runner's World should be fired

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Who, specifically, left?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I noticed that the rag had a new editor, and that it was a better read over the last two issues than had been the case for quite a long time. For example, Kenny Moore wrote about Oslo's stadium in the last issue -- a writer and a topic that appeal to a more "hard-core" audience. There's still fluff, but there's a wider variety of articles than had been the norm.

I think our complaints were heard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X