Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only possible party line...

...other than the "eddie" defence is below. They won't resort to that until they have exhausted all the "I didn't do it defences". They will then move on to "well even if I did do it blah blah blah..."

Looks like Toth's agent has revised and extended Toth's remarks. I also suspect that this is going to have to be the party line. Not on the list. I notice that the whole thing made the Today show today. "will make the BJ scandal look small...".

"John Nubani, Toth's agent, said Toth informed him that his supplement package included THG, but that he probably was unaware that THG was an anabolic steroid because it was not on the International Olympic Committee's list of banned substances and had never -- until now -- triggered a positive test."

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/7044594.htm

Re: The only possible party line...

So, if Nubani's statements are correct, then Toth probably listed THG on his drug form in Paris (and at USATF, presumably) since:
    1) there was no concern that it would yield a positive test; and
    2) athletes are asked to list everything they take

Comment

Good call - Toth is toast now.

Comment

Did you catch this quote from that link?

<<``This was a case of a disgruntled coach handing over a syringe,'' Yesalis said. ``The fact of the matter is drug testing didn't catch anybody. The notion that this is the only designer drug out there, well, you have to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.''>>

Comment

Working...
        X