Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Beach track star derailed on way to USC?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach track star derailed on way to USC?

This is from an incident on Halloween night. The listed facts would suggest a couple of possible individuals:

"What could have possibly gone through their mind to make them think this kind of behavior was OK?" asked Long Beach Police Officer Jackie Bezart. The girls, who face felony assault charges, appeared in court today.

Their attorneys said the girls are good students and have no history of violence or criminal behavior. One of the girls won a full athletic scholarship to USC and had represented the United States in a track meet in China, her attorney told the court. He urged the judge to allow the girl out of Juvenile Hall so she could take the SATs.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-ex ... -headlines

I saw in the WTAG section that USC has a new frosh sprinter that represented the USA in the World Jr. Championships this year. I hope it wasn't her.

Comment

Are you sure this wasn't in Detroit? Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the perpetrators are juveniles, so I'm sure the moderators will be vigilant to stamp out any wild speculations.

Comment

Originally posted by nctrackfan
        Are you sure this wasn't in Detroit? Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the perpetrators are juveniles, so I'm sure the moderators will be vigilant to stamp out any wild speculations.
        letsrun.com has a discussion on this it is not ebony collins, to find out who it was go to myspace.com/datvicioustrackstar and read the replies from that girls friends who incriminate her initials sw

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
          I saw in the WTAG section that USC has a new frosh sprinter that represented the USA in the World Jr. Championships this year. I hope it wasn't her.
          If it were she, why would she be taking the SAT's? Sounds more like a recruit for next year's frosh class.

Comment

Wild speculation can only get so wild. If the article is correct then based on the USATF roster for the Jr. team to China ( http://www.usatf.com/events/2006/IAAFWo ... roster.asp ) it can only be one of two people, one of whom is definitely a USC freshman this year.

Edit: Missed the tricky HS transfer, so there are actually three choices . . . this damn wild speculation . . .

Comment

there are two high schoolers that fit the bill

Comment

it is a recruit for next year, go to myspace.com and type in the name sade williams, who goes by the monitor datvicioustrackstar, where she ask's to just pray for her, and read her friends quotes that incriminate her, example what yo did to them white girls i just wish i could have been there to go down with you, which translates to that person saying he/she wishes they were there to join in the attack, i wonder why her defense lawyer doesn't tell her friends to shut up as they are really incriminating her. sade williams ran 23.3 for the 200 and 52.45 last year for rancho cucamonga, but had transferred to long beach poly this year.

Comment

A longer article with more details about the incident. No names. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... -headlines

Comment

Were are not speculating about a person's potential use of PEDs. This is the local paper, the LA Times, with a quote about the running from the girls attorney. The girl is still under 18 and has signed a scholarship at USC as is in Long Beach and was on the team in China.

Comment

Details from the victims and some witnesses: http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_4602384

Their adjudication hearing (juvenile trial) begins Tuesday: http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_4709201

Comment

No outcry?

Why no outcry from Jesse and Al??
                        It's great to know that a racist punk represented us in China

Comment

Re: No outcry?

Originally posted by adimiz
                          Just based on general demographics I'm confident that there was more than one racist punk on the team. Best as I know though, only one teamed up with a large group of like-minded idiots and put a serious beatdown on three girls.

Comment

Re: No outcry?

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            Originally posted by adimiz
                            Just based on general demographics I'm confident that there was more than one racist punk on the team. Best as I know though, only one teamed up with a large group of like-minded idiots and put a serious beatdown on three girls.

IF USC has any sac, they'll revoke the scholarship

Comment

Shocking story for sure. Perhaps shes at least learning a lesson now as it sounds like she has spent a pretty decent amount of time behind bars. If college football and basketball has taught us anything, its that coaches will look past anything for the right athlete. We shall see how this plays out for womens track. Some schools have more moral fiber than others (UNC revoked a basketball scholarship a couple years back of the best player in the state and north carolinas alltime leading high school scorer for an arrest) so now its USCs turn to decide how above the law its athletes are.

Comment

Working...
                              X