Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Beach track star derailed on way to USC?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not 100% clear by my read of these two stories, but is sounds as if the other three sentenced today got probation only. The victims are not happy . . .

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5145120
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... -headlines

Comment

Morning after reports. Predictably the convicted are thrilled and the victims are pissed. Judge seems to be of the Jekyll and Hyde variety. Keeps the kids locked up during the trial, throws the book a them in convictions, and then lets them essentially walk as punishment.

Originally posted by The LA Times
      "The whole idea is not to simply throw people into the criminal justice system," said Daniel Macallair, executive director of the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice in San Francisco. "The purpose of the juvenile justice system is not retribution; it's not even punishment. It's still rehabilitation."

Judges are expected to give the least restrictive sentence that would rehabilitate the minor, while protecting public safety, ratcheting up penalties only if initial discipline doesn't work.
      So the innocent until proven guilty get to sit in jail, and then the guilty as charged, of what the judge himself said “was an awful crime, terrible physical and emotional injuries" with hate crime multipliers, get to go home. Strange system . . .

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... home-local
      http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5149724

Comment

"As she addressed the 18-year-old's twin sister, Bouas referred sarcastically to that teen as, "a stellar student with a 1.16 academic GPA."

Her involvement in Poly's track team brought her grade point average to 1.37, Bouas said. "

Let's see....a "C" grade is 2.0, a "D" grade is "1.0". With grades like that, who needs a track scholarship, go for the academic ride.

Footnote to the KKK. New sentencing guidelines for the "hate crime" enhancement. Simple assult and battery: 1 year in the pokey. Add the hate crime enhancement: Sentence reduced to 90 days probation at home and attend some funky classes.

Ya gotta love the American PC criminal system. Any seats left on that daily flight to Australia? One way is all I need.

Comment

Final sentencing handed down

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_037145459.html

Comment

I'm confident that the victims are all satisfied that justice was served . . .

Comment

Is that a slice of tongue on wry you're serving up?

Comment

I couldn't find the 'giving the victims the finger' emoticon . . .

Comment

OK, that was my take also.... probation/house arrest is what you get these days for crushing faces?

Comment

Nice double standard in the media recently. Where was the publicity on this story – it was nearly invisible. These black kids get convicted of a major white girl beat down and hate crimes and then get to go home to mommy with the bare minimum of local coverage. Let a few Duke lacrosse players not do shit to a fiction-writing black woman and it is all over the national media for months.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                      Nice double standard in the media recently. Where was the publicity on this story – it was nearly invisible. These black kids get convicted of a major white girl beat down and hate crimes and then get to go home to mommy with the bare minimum of local coverage. Let a few Duke lacrosse players not do shit to a fiction-writing black woman and it is all over the national media for months.
                      The fair and balanced Bad Hammy! I love it !
                      phsstt!

Comment

The last two defendents plead guilty, get 3 months at summer camp: http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_5868777

Comment

As a former Bixby Knolls resident and Long Beach Poly grad this case has been very depressing.

Thank goodness a black man stood between the attackers(all black) and the 3 caucasion girls(all with broken bones), and a black woman was a key witness for the prosecution.

IMHO... rasism in the LBC= gangs.

This incident involved a gang member or two, and 7 dumb fu...s that thought it would be fun to assault 3 defensless females of a different race.

My guess is, this pack didn't even know that their parents and the parents of the victims were friends is high school.

Pathetic that this wasn't a bigger media item then the Duke fiasco.

I'm guessing a pack of 8 girls and two boys breaking the bones of three girls of a different skin color is something nobody wants to touch...even Dee Andrews. Dee, alumni of 60 years are laughing at you!!!!

Glad to see Sade Williams never ran for Poly, or as been heard from since.
                          Also, Sade Williams was never, ever a Long Beach track star. She tried to transfer there, but her felony conviction(not low GPA) kept her from competing,

Can somebody get the irony here???

Duke...Long Beach 9???

Comment

I see Williams is running for Cerritos, based on early-March Benny Brown meet

Women 400 Meter Dash Invit
                            ================================================== ==============
                            Name Year School Finals
                            ================================================== ==============
                            Section 1
                            1 Torri Edwards HSI 57.05

Section 2
                            1 Sade' Williams Cerritos 56.25

Comment

This is my first time hearing this story...But certainly these suspects should have been punished to the fullest extent. There is no room on this Earth for this foolishness. Whether White on Black, Black on White, against gays or whatever this is senseless. And I could careless if she is the next Evelyn Ashford or Mary Decker, punish her! I'm Black and I am repulsed at this cowardly act.

Comment

Suspects should be punished? I hope not. Maybe those found guilty should be, but not suspects.

Comment

Working...
                                X