Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message board set up

Would it be possible to separate the message board into different categories, so as to make it more interesting and more easily accessible.

For example:

sprints and jumps
    drugs
    weight events
    middle and long distance

Re: message board set up

I like the idea of a separate drug board, because the flip side of that is that there can be NO mention of them on the 'regular' board.

Comment

how about Dope Talk?

Comment

There was a drug talk board for a few days after worlds but they took it down because no one posted in it.

Comment

>There was a drug talk board for a few days after
          >worlds but they took it down because no one
          >posted in it.

Seriously? TFN or someone else?

Comment

It was on the TFN site. The link wasn't at the top of the page but only at the Forums main page.

Comment

I too would like a seperate board for drug talk and ban any drug talk from the Current Events board.

Comment

second - all in favor?

Comment

As part of "routine maintenance" we created a drugs forum in case we ever needed it down the road. It accidentally got activated for a very brief period of time.

Every time we think we need a separate forum the heat dies down. Having to jump to different forums makes the sight a bit more diffifuclt for average reader to use, which is why we hold off, distasteful as the drug stuff might be to you.

Comment

The time is ripe for a separate forum and I vote that all Webb stuff goes over there too. Drugs will be MORE of an issue in the coming months and years and although it is obviously an important subject, most of us are Track & Field fans, not drug news addicts. The Current Events board could become T&F news and then there could be the Drug NEWS and gossip column forum. The 250 post drug thread is important also, but it a different kind (the depressing kind) of news that could be separated from the actual athletic news. Just a thought.

Comment

tafnut, let's see how much coverage the magazine gives it. My guess is that they won't ignore it. These guys are T&F nuts but they are also bidness people and journalists. Pretty tough to ignore this no matter what your personal opinions are about it. gh started the big thread for crying out loud. Based on what appears to have happened, he not only put it up, he couldn't wait to get it on there AND they put it on the front page. Why would he want to relegate sonething like that somewhere where it might not get as many eyeballs?

Comment

Just get rid of the current forums and create a drugs forum and an Alan Webb forum instead. Nobody here posts on any other topic anyway.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

>Just get rid of the current forums and create a
                          >drugs forum and an Alan Webb forum instead.
                          >Nobody here posts on any other topic anyway.

It does strike me as kind of amusing, that whatever topics get particularly popular and drive a lot of visitors to the board, some people want to have them removed or relocated.

A message board is what the posters make it. If you want to talk about other "normal" T&F topics, don't wait for others to start talking for you.

Comment

I didn't say I wanted them relocated. I just said there was no need for all this 'Current events' and 'Historical' nonsense. In fact, I propose that this site is renamed the Webb & Drugs News Message Board.
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

I believe that the message board should continue to exist in its current format. Creating a drug forum would only reduce the legitimacy of the discussion that takes place on the Current Events link (and on this site in general) by promoting speculation and hearsay. There is no reason why drugs cannot be discussed in the current format, as long as people have justifiable posts.

As for Alan Webb, who wants to discuss that?

Comment

Working...
                              X