Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: message board set up

Thanks for this. Probably means almost no activity on this forum for a few days but I can live with that. Kinda like leaving a smoke-filled room and stepping into the fresh air for awhile.

Comment

It's refreshing to see this, and the first page drug-free!

To be clear, does THG mean all drugs on that forum and nowhere else.

Hopefully so.

Comment

"Right now EVERY message is about drugs,"

Try reading the Gabe and Webb threads. Please.

Comment

>It's refreshing to see this, and the first page
          >drug-free!

What first page are you talking about exactly?

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/index.jsp

That one?

Comment

I only rarely go to the IAAF boards, talk about a forum that's dominated by a small handfull of people, but I did today and I noticed that sometime over the summer they too created a separate forum for druging issues maybe they knew this was coming?

Comment

There's always been a doping sub-forum on the IAAF site. It's just that it isn't used much - most of the drugs discussion goes on in the Champions' Corner (I wonder why... :-p)
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

This is my first post ever. I am shy. But I do want to say that you can add me to the list of those who like the separate section. And I note that a goodly number of the long-time non-frivolous posters seem to be in that camp. And who the heck are all those strangers who are filling up the drug board? I am all for there being as many people as possible on this board but they seem to be a rather ill-mannered lot in general. Or has this drug bombshell just brought out the worst in them?

Comment

Longtime Lurker, if you think they are ill-mannered, get brave and venture onto letsrun.com. It will make the T&FN posters look like choirboys.

All in all the posters on all sections of the T&FN board are a pretty good bunch IMHO. But sometimes some people find it very easy to argue back and forth and get immature about it. The T&FN folks running the board do apretty good job of observing the occasional people that go over the line and then bounce them out for good or chastizing them.

So don't be shy. We are all lovers of the sport here and welcome all different opinions, etc. as long as people act reasonably.

Comment

But when you're ready to come over to the dark side, Luke, we await you at Letsrun. Where new posts greet you each time you click "Refresh", and you won't ever see the words "Last post 7 hours ago". If TFN censorship ails you, we have your remedy (just don't get political or you will be deleted). And you'll discover wild speculation beyond anything you thought possible. They must all certainly by using, right? And it's all brought together in one non-partitioned forum, suiting all of your whims... from current events, history, THG, training, "hotness", and the like.

Bring a thick skin when you come, some of the posters do bite.

Comment

If by thick skin yu mean 'F*** You' and 'you are full of S***' don't bother you. The threads there quickly deteriorate into immature BS matches of 'yes you are' and 'no I'm not!'. On the other hand they do seem to unearth more 'dirt' than we do, so I browse every now and then. Afterwards I have to wash my hands.

Comment

>But when you're ready to come over to the dark
                        >side, Luke, we await you at Letsrun. Where new
                        >posts greet you each time you click "Refresh",
                        >and you won't ever see the words "Last post 7
                        >hours ago". >>

Guess it all depends on whether you like quality or quantity. Whether you like to read a real newspaper or the National Enquirer. Whether you pick up skanky hos on the corner or date women with class.

Comment

Whether you like to go to Disney World or travel the country uninhibited.

Comment

and if by "travel the country uninhibited" you mean in a Greyhound Bus, sleep on the bus station benches and hang with homeless people, I totally agree.

Comment

>But when you're ready to come over to the dark
                              >side, Luke, we await you at Letsrun.

No. This is the dark side:

http://on.starblvd.net/cgi-bin/bbs?sub10

Obscure sprint board that made a national UK newspaper today because of their speculation about who the unnamed coach is.

Comment

Working...
                              X