Clear All

• DentyCracker
    replied
    Re: My

@ class clown, not if you say Allen

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A related nerdy track thing. The rarest of all world records are those that are palindromes: Kiptanui's 8:02.08 (1992), for example.

Leave a comment:

• Jefferson Buffalo
    replied

>And if there are two track tweebs in the car, make a contest out of it.<

Tweebs? Is that Ivy League-type dweebs who wear tweed?

Leave a comment:

• stevehj197
    replied
    Re: Game

and tafnut, the "Ewry" types are the most fun, for sure !

Leave a comment:

• stevehj197
    replied

I tell you no lie,,,, I simplified my initial message and did not mention that yes indeed, you do get triple points for a full name !!! "John Smith".... etc., But Edwin C. Moses Blvd. in Dayton should be quintruple popints since it's the real guy !!!( been on I-75 myself thru there many times. )

And for a location with multiple signs, a la Mills Mfg. Co. with 3 signs, you say, "Curtis Mills, Billy Mills, Dave Mills....."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Is it triple points if you drive on I-75 through Dayton, Ohio and see the freeway exit sign for Edwin Moses Blvd.?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

I've played a similar game on long trips. Every time you go past a town, you have to name somebody who went to high school there, or if it's a bigger place, name multiple schools and people who went there.

Like when you land at the New Orleans airport and you're driving up to Baton Rouge for the NCAA and as you find you're leaving the city of Metairie you have to say something like Harold Porter (East Jefferson, Metairie)! At least that's what you say if you're on the long side of 50 and remember '70s high schoolers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Do you get a lifetime ban if you spot a Howard JOHNSON twice?

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

Who's gonna beat an old geezer like you (except an older geezer like me!)?

Here's an 'easy' one.

Ewry Bar & Grill

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    started a topic My "Track Names" Highway Game

My "Track Names" Highway Game

Everthing's been so HEAVY lately, so I thought I would lighten things up by telling the world about my little game a play while driving all over:

I look for names on signs, billboards, storefronts, wherever.... and when I see a name that concides with that of a track athletes, out loud I'll say the full name of the track athlete.

Examples:
    Pass a Bob Evans restaurant, say " Lee Evans ! "

See a Barnes Distributing Co. billboard, say "Randy Barnes ! "

And on and on.

Common nouns work to, such as, seeing Southern State Parkway sign, that's an easy " Eddie Southern ! "

I've had a ball with this for years. Just easy fun, but watch for traffic every now and then. Great way to entertain yourself while driving.

And if there are two track tweebs in the car, make a contest out of it. Then, you corroborate your answer by saying, "Eddie Southern, quarter miler/intermediate hurdler from Texas". But if you proclaim a name the other guy's never heard of, he will accuse you of course of making it up.

Try it, you'll like it !
Working...
X