Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British masters may ban sprinter for not apologizing

Heard of an athlete banned for life for testing positive?

Here's a case of an M65 sprinter who may be banned for life for being negative (while seeking justice in redress of grievances):

http://masterstrack.com/blog/001202.html

K E N
    K E N

OK, it's history quiz time

I read (rapidly) the whole account, down to the very final, single-page single-word PDF documenting Treacher's final rebuttal.

For 10 bonus points (hell, let's make it 100) - what famous historical interjection does this reply echo?

Comment

http://www.army.mil/Soldiers/dec2000/fe ... ulge1.html

K E N
      K E N

Comment

For some reason, officialdom has always believed it is all about them.

Comment

I was stationed in Frankfort/Main, Germany with the Northern Area Command Engineer Office which planned and supervised post-WWII reconstruction in Western Germany.
          I had the priviledge of handing to General McAuliffe the chrome plated shovel with which he turned the first ceremonial shovel of dirt commencing construction of Rhine/Main airport.
          Lt Lonewolf and driver had been dispatched earlier in the day to loosen the sod in front of the dignitary stands.
          McAuliffe's famous "Nuts" reply to surrender demand was still fresh in everyone's mind. The common knowlege, or at least concensus, was that his reply was much more pithy than "nuts"

Comment

Anthony Treacher's "Nuts!" (and other comments) have netted him a one-year competition ban by the British Masters Athletic Federation.

My report (which includes a copy of his suspension letter):
            http://masterstrack.com/blog/001212.html

K E N
            K E N

Comment

Originally posted by TrackCEO
              Anthony Treacher's "Nuts!" (and other comments) have netted him a one-year competition ban by the British Masters Athletic Federation.
              Hadn't he already given himself a life-time ban?

Mountain, molehill. Standing on principle, in this case, gave him no better vantage point than sitting on the bench. I can't get worked up about this. Common civility took it in the chin; that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mal

Bad behavior is inappropriate.

I will always have a bad taste in my mouth watching Larry Doubley berate an official @ a meet @ San Diego State '80 or '81. Doubley was 6'8" chasing down a starter who was maybe 5'9". Doubley was an individual who needed to be banned for LIFE. Equally amazing USC did not discipline him.

Comment

Re: British masters may ban sprinter for not apologizing

It is history now. But this thread unfortunately still gives the impression that I said “Nuts” to an innocent meet official. Not so. I am not like that.

It was instead the BMAF Team Manager who broke the Call Room Rules and verbally abused me on the track. I later filed a formal complaint against him. His BMAF Chairman issued me an ultimatum to shut me up once and for all. I replied “Nuts” to that. This puts the record right.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by indigo
                    Originally posted by mal

Bad behavior is inappropriate.

I will always have a bad taste in my mouth watching Larry Doubley berate an official @ a meet @ San Diego State '80 or '81. Doubley was 6'8" chasing down a starter who was maybe 5'9". Doubley was an individual who needed to be banned for LIFE. Equally amazing USC did not discipline him.
                    I say again, officialdom has always believed it is all about them.

Comment

Sorry i am a bit lost, are you still banned? as a masters athlete, coach and sometime official this all seems unfortunate.

Comment

I mean myself as a multi-tasking old fart, but this seems unfortunate, can it be resolved?

Comment

There is no resolution. It remains to me to ensure that knowledge of this matter is extensive and, particularly in respect of my personal conduct, correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Treacher
                            It is history now. But this thread unfortunately still gives the impression that I said “Nuts” to an innocent meet official. Not so. I am not like that.
                            It was history until you decided to bring it up again. You do realise that this thread hasn't been looked at for 5 years. Precisely no one was getting any kind of impression from it.

If you stopped Googling your own name you'd be none the wiser either.

Turn it in.

Comment

Flumpy is British.

Comment

Working...
                              X