Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ’04 International Calendar Of Meets

This past weekend was the EAA's Calendar Congress. Much/most of the international schedule was firmed up for next year, including the GP Schedule.

If you go this URL you can download a 22-page PDF with all the data:

http://www.european-athletics.org/

Re: ’04 International Calendar Of Meets

Beautiful! Now I can begin planning my summer. Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure that Oslo/Bergen on June 11 falls under the rubric of "summer" but.....

Comment

I seem to remember a thread bemoaning the disappearance of Euro meets. Sure doesn't look that way! The GL/GP/GP2 concept seems to be working. Now if only our domestic calendar were as extensive and coordinated.

Comment

Re: Oslo, yes, I just noticed it was incredibly early. What's up with that? It's just a shame that Oslo seems to be steadily sliding downward on the scale of international importance... Overall, the summer seems just as chopped up as it did in '03. It was easier in past years to hit 2 or 3 of the biggest meets in a period of 10 days...

Comment

Will the new Bislett track be ready, or is this another venue? June 11 not so bad; the evening light lasts forever in June . . .

Comment

Far as I know, Bislett can't be held in Bislett Stadium next year, becuase of the reconstruction. I can't recall what the other potential site in Oslo was. Original talk was that they'd move to Göteborg, but I guess that fell by the wayside.

Plan for the dedication of the new stadium is for the middle of the week right after World Champs in Helsinki in '05. Filling the role that Zürich and Brussels have done so admirably the last few Worlds. It's not because theyr'e particularly eager to fill this role, however; with short construction season in that part of the world, they're just not sure they can have the thing ready for a meet in June or July, so they're taking the safe route.

Comment

Working...
              X