Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• famiy relation to marcello fiasconaro

im Kyle Fiaasconaro, a runner from new york that runs middle distance and xc i won the new york state 1000m indoors 2:29 and ran indoor national in new york and placed 3 rd , when finished with the race a reporter asked me if i was related to the olympian and one wr holder Marcello fiasconaro of italy,my family does remmber a runner in the family but thats the elders and they dont remmber to well ive tried to contact him but i am unseccesfull ,, and information please help ..

Re: famiy relation to marcello fiasconaro

Does your family remember anyone in the clan moving to South Africa?

Comment

As I recall it, his father was a pilot, shot down somewhere over Africa during WWII. Interned in South Africa for the duration and when the war was over decided to stay. I do recall that Marcello didn't speak a word of Italian when he first started running internationally in South Africa.

Comment

Hi Kyle

what would you like to know? Marcello Fiasconaro was at one time living in Cape Town, South Africa. He was actually a rugby player before becoming a runner, who played for a team called Villagers in Claremont. The running club Celtic Harriers shared the grounds with the rugby club and they used to have an annual athletics day with the rugby club.

The one year Marcello decided to run the 400, and so began his career which would lead to a WR in the 800m. [Obviously a lot more detail involved]

Drop me an email and I will see what I can do.

run-on
        www.time-to-run.com/capetown

Comment

Fiasconaro's father was the general director of the Cape Town opera company back in the 1970's. I think I recall seeing an obituary of him in the last ten years, but I'm not absolutely certain about this.

Comment

Working...
          X