Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devers vs Felicien

"Canada's world hurdling champion Perdita Felicien will be up against her idol, American Gail Devers, when she seeks Olympic gold in Athens next summer."

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/Art ... orts/Other

Re: Devers vs Felicien

I hate to be negative, but after the disappointments in Sydney, Edmonton and Paris, I wouldn't put my money on Devers for Athens. It'd be great to see her finally win an Olympic hurdles title, but I just have a feeling that a fan with a Cubs hat and headphones will somehow interfere. :-)

Comment

>I hate to be negative, but after the
      >disappointments in Sydney, Edmonton and Paris, I
      >wouldn't put my money on Devers for Athens.

So no more moments like this:

http://www.canoe.ca/CareerConnection/

Comment

As a loooooooong time fan of Gail Devers, I'd still put my money on what u should call the money shot. She still knows how to step up to the plate and play ball when it's time. They counted her out in the 92 Olympics and 99 Worlds and look at what happened. As Anyone that knows anything about track and field they know unfortunely her career has been long riddled with injury and illness, and she has proven time and time again that she can deliver the home run when needed. An athlete with her incredible talent and gracious heart should never be counted out until she hangs up "specialty made Nike's" for which we all hope won't be until after she wins gold in Athens in a new American Record time of "12.25". Best of luck to you Gail and all other future Olympians May God Bless you all............

Comment

I'm a huge Fan of Gail Devers, and I don't think that Felicien will not be the only Hurdler to step up to the plate next season. Bridgette Foster, Damu Cherry,Jenny Adams, Melissa Morrison, Glory Alozie, Meisha, and 2001 World Champion A, Kirkland. This could be Gail's last Olympics and 2005 could be her last World championships. It'll will be easier for Gail to come back again this year because she ended the season not injuried and a tie with the best time of the year (Bridgette Foster 12.45) and she had a decent comeback in the 100 meters. You should never count Gail Devers out she has had an AMAZING career and is the GREATEST COMBINATION SPRINTER/HURDLER OF ALL TIME, and that is an understatement.. You should NEVER count Gail out even though she'll be 37 at the 2004 Olympics that doesn't mean anything age is not a factor... The only way anybody will beat Gail is either shes injuried, falls, and/or clips or float a hurdle. I do believe she should open her season just like the 2003 season, but she could run both the 60 meter dash and 60 meter hurdles, if she does she will get the World Indoor Record in the 60 meter Hurdles and help her approach the World Outdoor Record in the 100mH and the 60 dash could help her with a fast time in the 100 meters... I can go on and on talking about Gail so I'll end it here... Don't count Gail out she has upset alot of sprinters with her dilegence and determination... Just remember she did beat Marion Jones in 1997....

P.S. If anybody has the 1992 & 1996 Olympics with Gail please email me with the info on how I can have a copy. thanks

Comment

Devers will be on the far side of 40 @ Athens (presuming she makes the team and she ain't no lock!) and NO woman sprinter/hurdler (let alone flat racer, are you listening, Regina jacobs?) can and/orwill be competitive @ that age.

GUARANTEED!

She's got her tgwo individual golds, what mas does she need?

Get a life, Ms.D, get a life.

Comment

"Devers will be on the far side of 40 @ Athens"

Gail was born in 1966, so she'll be either 37 or 38 in Athens. Big deal. Age is clearly not the barrier it was once believed to be. Gail has as good a chance as anyone of winning next year.

Comment

I thought Cherry got picked by the drug reapers

Comment

Cherry did?

Felicien ran great in Paris, but one swallow don't make a summer and all that.....

Comment

apparently we are all entitled to our own opinions but...........how could u even tell someone to get a life a if u have that much time to be negative to someone like that then it seems u neeeeeeeeeed to get a life yourself!!!!!!!!!

Comment

>apparently we are all entitled to our own
                      >opinions but...........how could u even tell
                      >someone to get a life a if u have that much time
                      >to be negative to someone like that then it seems
                      >u neeeeeeeeeed to get a life yourself!!!!!!!!!

Agree. Devers has a life and what a life it is. Big favorite for gold next year and even if she does not win her life will be enriched by her trying to win yet another gold.

Comment

Cherry had a steroid positive during the indoor season. Her case went to arbitration and was just heard a couple of weeks ago. No decision has yet been announced.

Comment

Gail Devers was born on Nov 19, 1966, so she will be 37 @ the 2004 Olympics. Like I said earlier age is not a factor. Evelyn Ashford was 36 @ the 1992 Olympics when she made the team and she won a gold medal... Merlene Ottey is 43, so back in 1997 when Marion Jones came on the scene she was 37 and guess what Merlene Ottey beat Marion Jones in a 100 meter dash race, not once but twice.. Gail Devers was UNDEFEATED in the 2003 indoor season, so I don't know what difference a year will make, but throughout 16 years on a world class field she has been one of the CONSISTENT sprinters in track and field... She is the MOST PERSISTENT sprinter of all time. We will see when next season starts... Peace out

Comment

"Evelyn Ashford was 36 @ the 1992 Olympics when she made the team and she won a gold medal."

Actually Ashford was 35, didn't make the final in the 100, ran 0.37 off her PR, and led off a winning relay team. She was at her peak at age 27.

Comment

HAPPY 37TH B-DAY GAIL DEVERS

Comment

Working...
                              X