X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EPelle
    • Oct 2005

Trevor Graham Trial Date Set for 24-September

Sources familiar with the BALCO case suggest prosecutors might be attempting to gain Graham's cooperation in making a possible perjury case against Jones, the darling of the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandf ... NHeadlines
  • Speedbuff
    • May 2006

Makes perfect sense that Trevor would testify against Marion in exchange for leniency. There is a lot evidence against Trevor and it seems that he would not be willing to take on the tremendous legal expense of a long trial. If he loses his case at trial, then he will get a much longer sentence than if the agrees to a plea bargain with cooperation. Marion and Tim both fired Trevor, so there is really no motive or reason for him not to testify. All of the posturing by his attorney is simply that. Posturing. There is a great likelyhood that Trevor will plead out. With at least three people including CJ, Conte and Memo saying that Marion used drugs and that Trevor gave them to her, it seems that an indictment would be forth coming if Trevor also testified to that effect. In any event, a plea agreement for Trevor does not seem to be in the cards until just before September.

Comment

• EPelle
      • Oct 2005

...just before september, or just after the World Championships.

Comment

• bad hammy
        • Oct 2005

I’m sure the Feds would like someone besides the aforementioned CJ, Conte and Memo on the record as to any MJ drug use. The next question I’d have is, if TG rolls on MJ, where does he stop? Lots of athletes in his stable have tested positive, many more have not.

And of course his coaching career would be in even more of a shambles that it already is. Wonder if he ever regrets turning in that syringe of THG . . .

Comment

• Speedbuff
          • May 2006

Anybody with brains would take a deal in Trevor's case. However, it's my opinion that Trevor is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So, he may surprise everybody and force an explosive trial. Trevor's career as a track coach is over. Put a fork in him, he's done. Can you say boomerang?

Comment

• Novitiate
            • Feb 2007
            • Where the novices are

Be prepared to be shocked, I say, very shocked indeed. Shades of Dubin indeed. Trevor will take a page out of CF's lesson plan and instruct the court with charts proving little.

Comment

• EPelle
              • Oct 2005

Trevor has a habit of protecting certain athletes. When and if he faces that 25:th hour deadline, will he have anything noteworthy to report which can turn heads and secure the indictment some are seeking?

Comment

• Speedbuff
                • May 2006

Novitiate,

Are you saying Trevor will or will not take his case to trial, and in either case, why or why not? I think Trevor is going to roll bigtime on Marion and others, but he will wait until the last minute to maximize his leverage. I believe that he will get some leniency in exchange, but he will still get some time in jail.

Comment

• Novitiate
                  • Feb 2007
                  • Where the novices are

Originally posted by Speedbuff
                  Novitiate,

Are you saying Trevor will or will not take his case to trial, and in either case, why or why not? I think Trevor is going to roll bigtime on Marion and others, but he will wait until the last minute to maximize his leverage. I believe that he will get some leniency in exchange, but he will still get some time in jail.
                  Oh I wouldn't be surprised either way. He's full of surprises, you know? Dubin wasn't the scene of a trial, but an inquiry [or inquisition depending on the character's perspective]. I was being somewhat facetious about the charts reference, since I am not a fan of Graham and think the case on him is pretty much shut.

Comment

• gh
                    Administrator
                    • Oct 2005
                    • west of Westeros

Graham's lawyers tried to get his indictment dismissed based on press leaks compromising Grand Jury deliberations. Judge says..... nah!

story on front page.

Comment

• Kurt Francis
                      • Oct 2005

Rule #1 - Never rat out on others if it may implicate yourself...unless you are willing to do the time.

Trevor brought this upon himself by ratting out.

Lesson - If you're going to cheat, make sure that no one else is involved. ONLY ONE can keep a secret. Two people are questionable. Three people involved is a disaster in the making.

Comment

• 26mi235
                        • Oct 2005
                        • Madison, WI

Originally posted by Kurt Francis
                        Rule #1 - Never rat out on others if it may implicate yourself...unless you are willing to do the time.

Lesson - If you're going to cheat, make sure that no one else is involved. ONLY ONE can keep a secret. Two people are questionable. Three people involved is a disaster in the making.
                        Coaches are always on Two (unless self-coached).

Comment

• Kurt Francis
                          • Oct 2005

Coaches don't always know what their proteges are doing, though. When I coached college kids, I didn't keep tabs on them. They were legal adults, and were capable of making their own decisions...just as I was as a college athlete. I treated them with the respect that they deserved as young adult student-athletes. I would never have tolerated any of my college coaches poking into my affairs either.

Kurt

Originally posted by 26mi235
                          Originally posted by Kurt Francis

Coaches are always on Two (unless self-coached).

Comment

Working...
                          X