Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Evaluate XC Talent?

You'll get your chance to prove it later today when we unveil our new contest on the front page. In this one, you get to choose your own all-star team for this weekend's NCAA Regionals and see how it scores.

Re: Can You Evaluate XC Talent?

Contest is now up and running. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to get low score this weekend. How close to 7 can you come?

Comment

Where's the box that allows me to write-in Alan Webb?

Comment

>Where's the box that allows me to write-in Alan
        >Webb?
        No need; we all know whatever happens, Alan Webb was the heart and soul of motivation behind it.

Comment

I don't suppose any of you chaps have any idea just which people Stanford might be going to run? (And, more importantly, be willing to share such information!)

Comment

I've actually heard that Stanford is planning on making it fairer for everybody in both races, so their best women will be running for the men's team.

Comment

I don't know for sure, but if last year is any indicator, I wouldn't be surprised if Grant Robison doesn't run this weekend. He had a long track season, debuted at Pac-10, and so don't be shocked if he sits this one out. Stanford has the luxury that Arkansas used to have. They can rest many of their top guns and still win/qualify easily.

Luchini didn't run Pac-10s, so I'd guess he'll be running, assuming he's healthy (I haven't heard anything saying he's not).

Other than that, it's a guess, which makes the contest all the more interesting!

Comment

My prediction: after successfully scaring everybody else off Robison, Lilot goes with him and picks up the contest win!

Comment

No prize?!!! How about at least one for me when I nail 7 winners?!

Comment

>No prize?!!! How about at least one for me when I
                    >nail 7 winners?!>>

OK, 1-year free subscription to anybody who scores a perfect 7, but there's a catch....

Since I've been totally consumed doing World Rankings stuff for the last month, I know absolutely nothing about what has happened in collegiate cross country. So anybody who gets a worse score than me gets their subscription cancelled! (OK, just kidding about this last part)

Comment

Awwright! Now let me up the ante. If I get 8 right do I get 2 years? How about 3 years for all 9?

Comment

Just a reminder that you have until midnight west coast time tonight (friday) to get your entries in. Good luck!

Comment

Wow! 346 enties.

Comment

Re: Yet another request for an edit function

Strangely enough...346 entRies too.

Comment

Re: Yet another request for an edit function

Without Robison and Luchini and the Cardinal still kicked ass. Flanagan looks equally dominant for women's individual picks. I guess we need to focus our prognosticating on the men's individual title and women's team title.

Comment

Working...
                              X