Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Pro

I have a question...Should a freshman turn pro if he runs 47 in the hurdles?

Re: Turning Pro

thgere are too any variables to offer an intelligent answer to this question

Comment

Nope.

Comment

What freshman is planning on running 47?

Comment

Some HS boy in Texas will do it in the 300mIH.

Comment

This "going pro" phenomenon in track has gotten out of hand. I can't say Webb did the wrong thing, because he'd never have made as much money as he is if he'd competed at Michigan for 4 or 5 years.

I think Felix made a bad decision. So would Galen Rupp if he decides not to compete in college.

Comment

Ummm . . . 47 in the 300H . . . joke, right? I can do that and I'm 52.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the originator means 400 hurdles

Comment

<I'm pretty sure the originator means 400 hurdles>

If it is indeed the 400 hurdles (as it should be), this freshman "kid" is in a class by himself. Even high 47s is great, and middle-low 47s, means he is already in the Felix Sanchez class. "To pro or not to pro", may be somewhat irrelevant. This "youngster" should be no. 1 in the event within a year or two. And remember many persons in these threads are opting for Sanchez as male athlete of 2003.

Comment

at the same time, people might think that running 47 in the hurdles is "easy"....we all hear about these athletes who hype them up too much and never pan out anyways

Comment

47.x was run 4 times this season -- all by Felix Sánchez.

27 men have run 47.x from 1972 (John Akii-Bua) through 2003.

If some collegiate freshman can run sub-48 (which I think is bullshit) then they're in the worng place. They should be gunning for a medal in Athens.

Comment

if the money is there turn pro. you can always go to school. why not see where track takes you.

Comment

Why did Felix make a bad decision? Could you elaborate on this.

Comment

I don't know how we can really decide at this point whether Felix's decision is good or bad.

If she runs well the next few years, it is a good decision. If she does badly, it is a bad decision.

Time will tell.

Comment

The only freshman that could say atleast run 48 would be Kerron Clements at Florida he ran 49.7x high school... About Felix you say if she runs bad then it was a bad decision, i would think the logic would be just the opposite, cause if she runs bad that means she would have never got that kind of money from track, but since she already got the money and she runs bad then it was a good business move ...RIGHT (LOL)

Comment

Working...
                              X