X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by exdrake View Post
    "You could always get a really , really big tree and then you could hang the real implements"

Oh boy--not enough to rankle those who distinguish between INdoor trees and OUTdoor..you had to bring up OVERsized trees
    That's to go with the OVERsized Xmas ornaments

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    Thanks, guys! That makes sense. Now I won't be up all night!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Because when they switched software everyone who was a current member was given that starting point in October 2005 -- you might guess that gh, the long-time editor with over 50,000 posts, was on board here before October 2005.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by Karl View Post
    How is it that some people joined in 2005 but have replies on this thread in 2003?

Just curious.
    There was a restructuring of the board in 2005 and all of the oldtimers (there is still a few of us around) were assigned a new starting spot.

Leave a comment:

• exdrake
    replied
    "You could always get a really , really big tree and then you could hang the real implements"

Oh boy--not enough to rankle those who distinguish between INdoor trees and OUTdoor..you had to bring up OVERsized trees

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    How is it that some people joined in 2005 but have replies on this thread in 2003?

Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    You could always get a really , really big tree and then you could hang the real implements

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    post removed.

Rule of thumb: any time somebody's first post has a link in it you can be 99% sure they're selling something and you probably don't want to open the link.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Given that it's a newbie, and it's a little odd to be selling Christmas ornaments in February, wouldn't touch that link.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Probably a new record for the oldest resurrected thread, over 13 years.

Leave a comment:

• 6 5.5hjsteve
    replied
    Re: christmas ornaments

well your heart's in the right place and if you date a track/field guy you are AOK in my book !

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks to all - I found a Canadian site that had mousepads (stock is completely out) and some great shirts but I cannot find another supplier for 'throwing' stuff. Football, baseball, soccer, NASCAR but no discus, hammer, etc...(I can't sew a button so there's no way I could wield a glue gun - shudder just to think about it)

Leave a comment:

• Martha Stewart
    replied

All of you, get back to MY site!

Leave a comment:

• Natasha
    replied

I just thought of another idea for your homemade Christmans ornaments. Make them out of salted dough (basic kindergarten recipe), bake them and then let them dry and paint them to your liking, remember to leave a hole for the yarn. A very fun activity.

Leave a comment:

• Natasha
    replied

Use your craft skills and make them yourself. Discus- take two small paper plates glue them together, add some glitter glue and nice yarn or trim. Shot put, you could take some plain styrofoam spheres from any craft shop and paint them a metallic colour. The same for the hammer. If your tree is very fancy then you might want to hide these at the back...or just buy some.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X