Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could LSU lose another coach?

For the last two days, WAFB (Baton Rouge's CBS affiliate) has been reporting that LSU is at an impasse with Dennis Shaver over his contract which expired on June 30. According to the official and public records, Shaver made $113,000 last year and according to Shaver's attorneys, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman, so far, has only made token pay raise offers that would bring Shaver's salary up to the level of the coaches at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State. As soon as I get a link to an internet article on this topic, I'll be sure to post it.

Re: Could LSU lose another coach?

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Shaver made $113,000 last year and according to Shaver's attorneys, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman, so far, has only made token pay raise offers that would bring Shaver's salary up to the level of the coaches at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.

I would find it EXTREMELY hard to believe the Vanderbilt position would pay more than Shaver is making at the $113,000 level, considering it's women ONLY, and currently open.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

For the last two days, WAFB (Baton Rouge's CBS affiliate) has been reporting that LSU is at an impasse with Dennis Shaver over his contract which expired on June 30. According to the official and public records, Shaver made $113,000 last year and according to Shaver's attorneys, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman, so far, has only made token pay raise offers that would bring Shaver's salary up to the level of the coaches at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State. As soon as I get a link to an internet article on this topic, I'll be sure to post it.
      Maybe they'll hire Boo back as the head !

Comment

Here is Bertman's side of the story:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/8479737.html

One thing doesn't make since about this article. First it says that they "agreed in principle" in May and later he says Shaver signed a contract in May. Bertman says, "After he signed it and agreed to it he didn’t want to agree, I guess". If you sign something isn't it implied that you agree with it? Why is it necassary to agree with something you've already signed?

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Shaver made $113,000 last year and according to Shaver's attorneys, LSU athletic director Skip Bertman, so far, has only made token pay raise offers that would bring Shaver's salary up to the level of the coaches at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.

I would find it EXTREMELY hard to believe the Vanderbilt position would pay more than Shaver is making at the $113,000 level, considering it's women ONLY, and currently open.
          Story now on front page says Shaver made $140,000 last year.

Comment

Here is Shaver's side of the story:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/8544032.html

It seems like Bertman arbitrarily decides whether or not he cites Shaver's base salary or total compensation depending on which situation suits him. Shaver's $113, 000 base salary referred to in this article is consistent with publicly available records.

Comment

A coach's salary and what he/she made during a year are not the same thing. The difference would probably be due to bonuses.

Comment

Shaver signs new contract. I'm pretty sure D'Andre Hill isn't making this at Vanderbilt.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.db ... EM_ID=5200
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                X