Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be a redneck pole vaulter...

This is the all-time best thread ever on my website. Absolutely hilarious.

http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=12742

Re: You might be a redneck pole vaulter...

Originally posted by polevaultpower
    This is the all-time best thread ever on my website. Absolutely hilarious.

http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=12742
    TAFNUT is gonna be mad at one of mine.

Comment

Thanks, Becca... I know one of your contributors and he is only half joking.

Comment

Some truly priceless stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
          Thanks, Becca... I know one of your contributors and he is only half joking.
          Haha I know. I am pretty sure most of those are based on real life experience.

Comment

wow, I really thought that I would have something to add as I went to high school in a very rural district. Our high school wasn't even in a town, it was literaly out in the middle of nowhere just surrounded by corn (sometimes bean) fields. After reading through the thread, I am at a loss. All of my ideas were already taken as well as many, many that go far beyond what I thought possible for even redneck pole vaulters. It may take some thinking but hopefully I can come up with a redneck PV anecdote, but until then, that is certainly a thread that would make even Jeff Foxworthy proud!!!

And Cooter, I knew that you were a Texan, but had no idea that your Redneck tendencies ran so deep. Oh, and when I was just a redneck HS pole vaulter (i may be in redneck denial, but i think that i was ONLY redneck by association not really a true redneck), I loved your website. Why is U2 suddenly more important than PV???

Comment

I was pretty much a redneck both by genetics and environment but I never was or aspired to be a pole vaulter... possibly because the first vaulting pole I ever saw was a tapered ash pole about 2" in diamenter at the front end to which was attached a 4" metal spike.. no box necessary.. just jab that sucker in the ground " .. this was about 1945, my first year in HS... I think we got one of those new fangled bamboo poles though for actual competition.

Comment

This thread has been consistently updated over the past few months. If you haven't checked it out lately, you really should.

The latest:

If an accident while working cattle had you on the phone with doping control for two hours trying to find out what having been vaccinated for hoof and mouth disease would mean if you were drug tested.

Comment

Thank you for bumping this thread. I think I was traveling when it first appeared and I never did open up the linked thred. Wonderful stuff there!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X