Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Wariner Vs L Merritt

After the way that Lashawn has been running lately I must say that I am eager to see the show down next week with Jeremy and Lashawn at Crystal Palace

Re: J Weirner Vs L Merritt

Jan Werner has been retired for over 30 years. Huge 400 talent though.

Comment

The way wariner has been running subpar 200s by his standards it is easy to assume he is not in the same form of previous seasons. Hopefully the crystal palace run will set the record straight after the disappointment in sheffield.

I have to admit i have been excited about merritt ever since his sub 20 and 44.06 pr it seems like he is ready to run anything between 43.6 and 43.8 at osaka and therefore give wariner a run for his money.

Angelo taylor is still the dark horse for me but he proved a gutsy runner at the us champs.

Comment

Screw the favourites, Ill be cheering for Johan Wissman in Osaka!

Comment

what's the status of wariner in regards to the 4x400 team for the WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Turk
            Screw the favourites, Ill be cheering for Johan Wissman in Osaka!
            When's Wissman's next race?

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan
              ?? Is there any reason to think anything other than that there's a 110% chance he'll be anchoring it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                When's Wissman's next race?
                London GP

http://www.ukathletics.net/tvevents/nor ... art-lists/

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  ?? Is there any reason to think anything other than that there's a 110% chance he'll be anchoring it?
                  oh... i was just wondering since he didn't run the 400 at nationals, right?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    oh... i was just wondering since he didn't run the 400 at nationals, right?
                    He has a 'bye' in the Trials because he is the defending WC 400m gold medalist. He is AUTOMATICALLY on the team as far as IAAF is concerned and his only obligations at Nationals was to run in some race, not the 400m. As with gh, I cannot conceive of a reason to not have him run when he is the best. Even for the Olympics, which does not have the auto selection for the defending champ, and as a result requires necessary placing at Nationals for the Open race, allows the USATF to select the relay teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X