Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps we could do a top ten Eldrick insult posts? I am a rare visitor to this site and would love to read them. Objective reading is so much more amusing than subjective reading! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
      Perhaps we could do a top ten Eldrick insult posts? I am a rare visitor to this site and would love to read them. Objective reading is so much more amusing than subjective reading! :wink:
      My math tells me that 10 insulting posts of Eldrick's total would amount to just about 0.1%. Compare it with some posters, who have passed the number 10 of rude posts in less than a couple of hundred posts already.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

The fact that there is a thread called "Eldrick the rude" is itself rude, and unfairly points the finger at one person. Eldrick is not rude, is insightful, and is willing to engage inlively discussion to support his analyses. Whether or not one agrees those analyses, one must admit he does not make them lightly and is masterful at defending them. This thread should be removed or renamed GH.

Comment

Originally posted by steve
          This thread should be removed or renamed GH.
          That's a pretty good "Eldrickism". I suppose the thread would be a bit kinder and gentler if it were renamed "GH". :wink:

Comment

As a long time lurker, occasional poster, I have learned to recognize and enjoy the repartee and good natured insults frequently exchanged between many of the "regulars" with no apparent harm done. Admittedly/unfortunately, not all such exchanges hereon are good natured.

In a perfect world, people can agree to civilly disagree without resorting to irrelevant aspersions on the intelligence/education/personality/heredity of their protagonist but, alas, tis not always so. Some posters appear to relish controversary and that is ok too. We are all free to rise above and/or ignore the fray if it discombobulates us. If this were strictly an Amen Corner it could /would get pretty bland and pointless.

From my observation, eldrick does not have a monopoly on acerbic posts. I am always fascinated and frequently/usually/always overwhelmed by his mathmatics but then, I am overwhelmed by a host of things.

To repeat my usual counsel. Lighten up folks, no one is right all the time.

Now, go and sin no more.

Comment

perhaps gh

this topic isn't really suitable for an athletics forum & needs to join those classic ones such as

"top hotties in track ( & field )"

in cyber netherspace ?

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                perhaps gh

this topic isn't really suitable for an athletics forum & needs to join those classic ones such as

"top hotties in track ( & field )"

in cyber netherspace ?
                You would say that, wouldn't you? Nevertheless, I agree. Begone (please)!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                  No, we should do a top 10 insults poll, period. I'd be happy to excavate a few for you, if it would amuse some. I'll even invent a few if you like. :lol:
                  Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                    Originally posted by Mats Nilsson
                    and Flo-Jo who for no apparent reason died of an enlarged heart?
                    check your facts before posting

she died of :

1) positional asphyxia 2) epileptiform seizure 3) cavernous angioma,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Griffith_Joyner

which means in layman's terms, a congenital ( born with ) brain defect made her prone to epileptic fits

she had a fit & presumably her head position after the fit finished was buried face-down into her pillow, & as in the initial recovery face of a grand-mal fit, a patient is unconscious & unrousable by even harsh stimuli, she asphyxiated

as for large heart - if she had one, then i'd probably expect 95% of elite athletes to have one - the demands of cardiovascular training by elite athletes usually end up causing muscular ventricular hypertrophy
                    This is very true Eldrick. I agree with you for once.

Comment

We cut the copy for a specific reason and cited it as “crap.” Mats has seen fit to repost the same material. This is not acceptable behavior. Please accept a week, on us, of unpaid vaction from the Boards.

Topic is now locked.

-Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X