Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint disappointment

Dix is more concerned with setting a meaningless NCAA record than representing his country in a major Championship. Ok the guys young, so we'll chock that up to well the guys young.

Holliday would rather juke linebackers and out race db's, ok...so would I!

Leonard Scott starts petering out at the 95 meter mark.

Wally has done nothing to prove he's a legit 19.65 guy.

Xavier Carter crashed!

Asafa Powell can only run when all the stars are in perfect alinement and Vapiar (Jamaican God of speed) has a huge grin on his face... AND... the moon is at a right angle to Kingston.

Any country needing sprinters, just look to Nigeria.

Then there's Justin Gatlin :cry:

Mo if you're out there..."you could have ran on the 4x1...honest!!!!!!"

Thank God for Usain "PR in 100/200" Bolt and Tyson "Soon to be 9.75" Gay. They are saving an otherwise disappointing sprint season. Maybe things will change....I hope!

There's plenty of good action in the FIELD EVENTS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Francis
      There's plenty of good action in the FIELD EVENTS!!!!
      I do enjoy the long jump.

Comment

Re: Sprint disappointment

Originally posted by Texas
        Wally has done nothing to prove he's a legit 19.65 guy
        does he have to ?

mj never did anything else to prove he was a legit 19.32 guy

besides wally ran his time on the track which is to hold the '11 wc - so nothing wrong with the venue

Comment

Re: Sprint disappointment

Originally posted by eldrick
          Wally has done nothing to prove he's a legit 19.65 guy
          does he have to ?

mj never did anything else to prove he was a legit 19.32 guy

besides wally ran his time on the track which is to hold the '11 wc - so nothing wrong with the venue
          What had MJ accomplished prior to that 19.32 explosion? Oh yeah a World Record! What has Spearmon done before and since?

Comment

his 19.66wr doesn't look overly special on paper compared to last coupla years

you might as well ask what clocking mennea did to back up his 19.72wr ?

Comment

I have to give spearmon his due. He has been consistently at or near the top since his debut season 2005 and has racked up quite a lot sub 20s.
              That's consistency.

I think he will be around a long time and garner a few titles.

initially I thought he might be another Lorenzo Daniel type who ran 19.87 in 88 and really didn't amount to much after that. But he's proven that he has a lot to offer and hey, although it looks like a long shot know but he might still pull off an upset in osaka.

Comment

MJ had six sub19.80 clockings. Was an Oly/World Champion. What more is there?

Mennea also had two 19.96's.

Comment

As for MJ, the guy was superhuman. he ran 19.32 and 43.18 for gods sake.

Now if that isn't special I don't know what is!.

Tyson Gay is brilliant as he is, no one has dared to think he can beat that time.
                  Even on osakas superfast track with a +2.0 wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kishan Gill
                    I have to give spearmon his due. He has been consistently at or near the top since his debut season 2005 and has racked up quite a lot sub 20s.
                    That's consistency.

I think he will be around a long time and garner a few titles.

initially I thought he might be another Lorenzo Daniel type who ran 19.87 in 88 and really didn't amount to much after that. But he's proven that he has a lot to offer and hey, although it looks like a long shot know but he might still pull off an upset in osaka.
                    I just expected a little more out of him. He's not doing anything this season he wasn't doing last.

Comment

True, spearmons not as good as last year but hopefully he can raise his game by osaka.

Besides, Gay is so good this year that he makes every one look a bit slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kishan Gill
                        As for MJ, the guy was superhuman. he ran 19.32 and 43.18 for gods sake.

Now if that isn't special I don't know what is!.

Tyson Gay is brilliant as he is, no one has dared to think he can beat that time.
                        Even on osakas superfast track with a +2.0 wind.
                        You'd be amazed at all the people..."that 19.32 is going down!"

It's in the fact that these guys are running 19.6's at an earlier age than MJ was. Good to see somebody else who knows it doesn't work that way. Yep MJ was in a word....unique!

Comment

mj's pb was 19.66

what in that entitles him to 19.32 ?

you coud just as easily say tyson, x-man & wally who have all run quicker than 19.66 have just as much right to a 19.32

as for golds, i don't see kk getting a 19.32 off the back of double global golds

mennea had twice gone 19.96 ?

so where does he get entitiled to 19.72 off those ?

Comment

similarly people have spoken of Wariner taking the 400 record ( Even MJ ) because his progression is better than MJ,s at the same time but I think even he won't be able to do it. I can see the 400 lasting another decade. A bold statement I know.

Comment

mj's pb was 19.66

what in that entitles him to 19.32 ?

you coud just as easily say tyson, x-man & wally who have all run quicker than 19.66 have just as much right to a 19.32

as for golds, i don't see kk getting a 19.32 off the back of double global golds

mennea had twice gone 19.96 ?

so where does he get entitiled to 19.72 off those ?
                              MJ was without question the greatest 200m man ever. He has no equals! So we saw the greatest ever in a perfect setting. The results of greatest meets perfect=19.32.

Mennea really doesn't belong in this conversation. He was "good" and ran a great altitude assisted time. MJ was on a whole different level.

Comment

Working...
                              X