Zelenzy
      Greer

Hammer
      Annus
      Murofishi
      Tikhon

Comment

Re: Top 3 meadalits in the Shot/Disc for Athens predictions

I thought the Brits had said Myerscough can never be on an Olympic team. ???

Comment

>I thought the Brits had said Myerscough can never
          >be on an Olympic team. ?

They haven't actually said that. It is the stated policy of the British Olympic Committee to exclude athletes who have served drug bans from Olympic teams, but they have been willing to make exceptions in the past. My guess is that if he's a strong medal prospect, they'll find a way of including him on the team.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

This article from 30 July of this year says he's toast:

http://www.ananova.com/sport/story/sm_804626.html

Comment

<Shot
              Myerscough
              Miknevich
              Belenog/Nelson
              Javelin
              Makarov
              Zelenzy
              Greer>

Myerscough - no. Beyond drug problems, big shotputters from UK seem to have serious problems at Olys, going back to Capes and earlier. Greer has the potential, but currently not steady enough (in a notoriously unsteady event). I would pick one of the Germans.

Comment

Myerscough will throw 1-2 meters shorter in Athens (oops, Olympia) than he does at the NCAA meet.

Shot Put
                1. Godina
                2. Nelson
                3. Belonog.

Discus
                1. Alekna
                2. Riedel
                3. Fazekas

Comment

SHOT
                  Godina
                  Nelson
                  Cantwell

I think Godina and Nelson are going to have huge years after somewhat dissapointing, injury-plagued 2003 campaigns.

DISCUS
                  Alekna
                  Fazekas
                  ????

I have a feeling that someone is going to come out of nowhere in the disc, not sure why. It would be sweet to see Reidel get another gold.

HAMMER
                  Murofushi
                  Tikhon
                  Annus

Koji was the cream of the crop last year before he got hurt. He also has something to prove being one of the best ever and without a world or olympic title.

JAV
                  Zelezny
                  Greer
                  Makarov

Zelezny will put it together one more time. I think Greer is going to have a season comparable to his 2001 breakout year, or maybe better

Comment

Sorry for the previous double post. Certainly if Myerscough is banned from the olympics, he would try and become a US citizen, the process would be speeded up for him probably. Geoff Capes reckons Myerscough should break the world record, and I see all the potential to do it. Hopefully Jannus Robberts gets it all together, he is perhaps the most talented shotputter alive today. Give him time. A possible dark horse in the discus is Frantz Kruger, having thrown over 70m while doing a full academic load. I do think everyone is hoping Jason Tunks will do well and medal, cause undoubtfully he has the potential to throw over 70m. But when Aleknas on, everyone else is quite simply toast! If Godina doesn't drop any barbells on his chest, which I heard held him back around indoors, he should also future highly. We can't make too many predictions on this, see how early 2004 goes.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Myerscough doesnt have enough time to jump through all the hoops needed if he wants to throw for the US in 2004
                      H

Comment

Nah he won't thats why he is trying to fight to get in for Britain. However if they don't let him compete at the olympics it would only make sense for him to try throw for the US. He is married to an American so he could. It could take 5 years if I am not mistaken. But imagine if the US could add myerscough to their arsenal! I am sure they would hurry the process up.

Comment

I don't have anything against Greer, but are you people serious? He won't see the top 5, let alone the top 3. Let's be realistic here.

Comment

Greer

I think if he is fully recovered from his shoulder surgery he is very much a threat to medal-just like in '01, where he came in 4th in the most competitive jav comp ever.
                            H

Comment

Re: Greer

Greer is confident so you never know. Unless injured Zelenzy and Makarov are almost assured of top 3. Maybe Henry or Hecht. I kinda hope a glider wins the shot, good chance of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X