Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robison America's next great miler?

>Besides there has been a trend
    >of successful Mormon US distance runners over the last twenty years.

Define "success."
    Best in America? Mormon runners have done no better than the current US crop.
    Best in the world? By what standard? Olympic titles? World titles? Fast times? Winning an international race?
    Suzy Hamilton won a big race in Europe a few years ago but has failed miserably at international championship events--is she a "success?"

This whole post sounds like more Pro-mormon propaganda to me. Want to ruin a message board quickly? Keep at it.

Comment

They have done better than other American distance runners.

Comment

Top "Mormon" (members of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) distance runners of recent years other than Robison are: Jason Pyrah, Ed Eyestone, Henry Marsh, Doug Padilla, and Paul Cummings.

Comment

America's next great miler hasn't reached HS yet, he is out here there somewhere, playing basketball or football dreaming of the "bling bling", not the "ding ding" at the bell lap...and playing his x-box(yep-yep)

Putting a 3:41 guy on the list is laugable...hey I used to run track, now I'm old, 40 pounds over weight and I didn't run more then an avg of 30 miles a week this year and I ran a 4:32 mile at local track meet/workout weeving around people running 6 to 7 minute miles, I also rode my bike earlier in the day..can you put me on the list

A great miler will go sub 1:45. Krum is not old, for all we know most of the Kenyans are probably 5 to 10 years older then they state, get off the age thing.

And the problem with american miling....drum roll please, they are either running the 400 or the 800, if everyone in american middle/distance running moved up 1 event, I would be willing to lay money that we would be better off in 4 years. Which is very hard.

Comment

A football player has the wrong body type for a miler. I hope we don't have to wait another decade for the next great American miler.

I did not know Jason Pyrah was a Mormon. Pryrah did completely outshine Gabe Jennings by making the Olympic 1500meter finals in 2000. After those Olympic games Jennings was never the same again.

Comment

As for the football body type....can I hear a "PAUL MCMULLEN", big and fast, I believe 1:45/3:34 credentials.

Comment

PAUL MCMULLEN is the exception not the rule.

When the next American runs 3:50 for the mile it will be a cause for celebration!

The rehabilitation of the US miler
                Step 1. A 3:50 mile is run
                Step 2. Making an Olympic or WC finals
                Step 3. Getting an international top 10 ranking

Comment

>A football player has the wrong body type for a miler. I hope we don't have to
                  >wait another decade for the next great American miler.

I did not know
                  >Jason Pyrah was a Mormon. Pryrah did completely outshine Gabe Jennings by
                  >making the Olympic 1500meter finals in 2000. After those Olympic games Jennings
                  >was never the same again.

I could see the fear in his eyes after he had to race El G and Ngeny.

Comment

In today's football climate PAUL MCMULLEN is probably way too small. Have you seen the monsters playing football today.

Comment

Working...
                    X