Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Robison America's next great miler?

In today's football climate PAUL MCMULLEN is probably way too small. Have you seen the monsters playing football today.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>A football player has the wrong body type for a miler. I hope we don't have to
    >wait another decade for the next great American miler.

I did not know
    >Jason Pyrah was a Mormon. Pryrah did completely outshine Gabe Jennings by
    >making the Olympic 1500meter finals in 2000. After those Olympic games Jennings
    >was never the same again.

I could see the fear in his eyes after he had to race El G and Ngeny.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

PAUL MCMULLEN is the exception not the rule.

When the next American runs 3:50 for the mile it will be a cause for celebration!

The rehabilitation of the US miler
    Step 1. A 3:50 mile is run
    Step 2. Making an Olympic or WC finals
    Step 3. Getting an international top 10 ranking

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

As for the football body type....can I hear a "PAUL MCMULLEN", big and fast, I believe 1:45/3:34 credentials.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A football player has the wrong body type for a miler. I hope we don't have to wait another decade for the next great American miler.

I did not know Jason Pyrah was a Mormon. Pryrah did completely outshine Gabe Jennings by making the Olympic 1500meter finals in 2000. After those Olympic games Jennings was never the same again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

America's next great miler hasn't reached HS yet, he is out here there somewhere, playing basketball or football dreaming of the "bling bling", not the "ding ding" at the bell lap...and playing his x-box(yep-yep)

Putting a 3:41 guy on the list is laugable...hey I used to run track, now I'm old, 40 pounds over weight and I didn't run more then an avg of 30 miles a week this year and I ran a 4:32 mile at local track meet/workout weeving around people running 6 to 7 minute miles, I also rode my bike earlier in the day..can you put me on the list

A great miler will go sub 1:45. Krum is not old, for all we know most of the Kenyans are probably 5 to 10 years older then they state, get off the age thing.

And the problem with american miling....drum roll please, they are either running the 400 or the 800, if everyone in american middle/distance running moved up 1 event, I would be willing to lay money that we would be better off in 4 years. Which is very hard.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Top "Mormon" (members of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) distance runners of recent years other than Robison are: Jason Pyrah, Ed Eyestone, Henry Marsh, Doug Padilla, and Paul Cummings.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

They have done better than other American distance runners.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>Besides there has been a trend
    >of successful Mormon US distance runners over the last twenty years.

Define "success."
    Best in America? Mormon runners have done no better than the current US crop.
    Best in the world? By what standard? Olympic titles? World titles? Fast times? Winning an international race?
    Suzy Hamilton won a big race in Europe a few years ago but has failed miserably at international championship events--is she a "success?"

This whole post sounds like more Pro-mormon propaganda to me. Want to ruin a message board quickly? Keep at it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

All those who believe RJR will take the 800 out in 47 and make the Olympic team please raise their hands.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I KNOW I WILL MAKE THE TEAM IN THE 800&1500 NEXT YEAR.

1:42........3:33.8

YOU GUYS ALWAYS TALK ABOUT STANFORD.I GOT NEWS FOR ALL U GUYS I DONT THINK ANY OF THEM WILL BE ON THE TEAM BUT U NEVER KNOW.MCMULLEN,,KRUMMENAKER ,,WEB,,MYSELF &OTHERS.

I WILL COMPLETE THE WOLHUTER DOUBLE.

THOSE GUYS HAVE NEVER TAKEN AN 800 OUT FASTER OR IN 49-48-47 THERES NO SPEED.

I WISH ALL OF THEM WELL,THEVE GOT A GREAT COACH,&GAGS IS A GREAT COACXH& PERSON.I THINK ITS GOING TO BE 1984 ALL OVER AGAIN.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I just hope Robison does not fade away like recent US 3:35 1500meter runners. Robison may not fade away because of his maturity and strong religious beliefs. I think his head is on striagther than Jennings. Besides there has been a trend of successful Mormon US distance runners over the last twenty years.

Leave a comment:

• trackhead
    replied
    Re: Robison almost as fast as Maree

>So long as the NAIA doesn't impose the same kind of age-limit rules as the
    >NCAA, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Even if Ezinwa wasn't
    >particularly overaged.

As different as it may be, colleges in the NAIA are still "colleges" and a "Collegiate Records" section should not exclude a college from its consideration. So, TnFNews, retitle it: NCAA Records. It's more accurate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Krunnemaker has already run sub 3:50 if you convert his 1500 times. Maybe some others have too. One problem we have is too many people bashing an not enough corporate sponsors. Nike is only interested if you ALREADY ARE world class. Last I checked you could not invest in Microsoft today at 1990 prices for instant return, but that is what they do with runners. They'll pay millions to Shaq to lumber around a court like the giant he is and shoot under 50% for free throws, but only pay a $1500 bonus to a 3:50 miler and a whopping $25k / year.

Americans love winning - NO MATTER WHAT THE SPORT. This is especially true in the Olympics where Americans love to see us beat the evil foreigners. Many people still know who Frank Shorter and Jim Ryun were. Nobody ever heard of Billy Mills or cared how far a 10K was until the Olympic 10K final, but Americans watched the race and cheered for him. But those guys did not do it overnight.

If there was a support system for these guys after college, we might see some great American distance running. Get a coach and make a training camp that people actually can go to and work out with others of their ability. A corporate sponsor could do all that for fractions of what they pay Shaq.

Distance running is not like B-ball for F-ball. It takes years of aerobic development to become world class. Most US runners just can't do it on their own and that is what they are being asked to do. If running shoe companies (or somebody) would make a long term investment, the US would build some fine distance runners over the years.

DMC

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Robison almost as fast as Maree

So long as the NAIA doesn't impose the same kind of age-limit rules as the NCAA, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Even if Ezinwa wasn't particularly overaged.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X